Complaint Review: Linspire

• Submitted: Sat, April 22, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, April 22, 2006

• Reported By:taylorville Illinois
9333 Genesee Avenue,3rd Floor San Diego, California U.S.A.

Linspire ripoff, misrepresentation of product, false advertisment on packaging San Diego California

On 06/09/05 at Best Buy in springfield, Il. I purchased an operating system called Linspire 5-0 CNR edition.

It states clearly on the front of the box that it is for desktops AND LAPTOPS

I paid, and still have my receipt, $107.74
the only reason I bougth it is that I have a laptop.

When I get it home I put the instalation d**k in the laptop and it wouldn't load it. It said it wouldn't work on the laptop!

I took it back to Bestbuy and explained that it wouldn't work, and the reason why. They pointed out their signs and everything which say they refuse to take software back once it's been opened. (how are you to find out if it will work, if you don't open it?)

They said they would exchange it for another copy of the SAME product. what good would that do me?

I contacted Linspire and THEY said it was between Bestbuy and me!

I found places on the net where they listed ALL the problems with it, including that it will NOT work on laptops! And they knew this all along!

They're still peddling their faulty product with it's fraudulent claims about being able to use it on laptops although they know it will not work on them!

The BBB will not do anything to help me, and so far I'm still out $107.74 which is a LOT of money when you're on a small pension. (I'm a senior citizen, which, nationwide, means I'll get little help , and bestbuy and linspire software have little to fear.

Thanking you in advance

taylorville, Illinois

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/22/2006 10:09 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Linspire/San-Diego-California-92121/Linspire-ripoff-misrepresentation-of-product-false-advertisment-on-packaging-San-Diego-C-188094. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Linspire