Complaint Review: Lionbridge

• Updated: Sat, August 17, 2013

• Reported By: Chet — Alabama
, Select State/Province USA

Lionbridge Lionbridge Technologies They like free work! Beware. unknown

I am a librarian who is very familiar with cataloging and indexing.  I took Lionbridge's test to work as an internet indexer for extra income.  This job involves matching user search terms with relevant results.  The first page Google results you see, for example, are somewhat manually determined and don't always rely on algorithms.  Lionbridge works with companies like Google in performing this work.

I took their qualifying test, an extensive project that took four hours.  It was relatively simple.  My background as a librarian made many of the results straightforward, so I was surprised that Lionbridge declined my application for work.  My answers, in other words, were correct in an objective way, but Lionbridge strangely declined my effort.  I strongly suspect that they still used my work.

It is slightly possible that I might be wrong, but I am guessing that a good bulk of Lionbridge's contract work with companies like Google relies on people taking these these tests and providing them with four hours of free work.  If many people take these tests, then Lionbridge has received a substantial amount of free labor.  I have contacted other people similar to me who have had the same experience.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/17/2013 03:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lionbridge/Select-StateProvince/Lionbridge-Lionbridge-Technologies-They-like-free-work-Beware-unknown-1076714. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lionbridge