Complaint Review: Lion's Gate Financial

• Submitted: Mon, April 30, 2007
  • Updated: Mon, April 30, 2007

• Reported By:Reno Nevada
Lion's Gate Financial
244 Madison Ave. #746 New York, New York U.S.A.

Lion's Gate Financial Took money on false pretenses, promised a grant for money. ripoff New York New York

My name is Jeremy , I'm 37 years old, I have a rage disorder, and am bi-polar. I have some learning disabilities. I have a caregiver who is typing this report for me. Her name is B. Dawn. She is 65 years old.

Last December 2006, I received a postcard from Lion's Gate Financial telling me to call for informaton on receiving a grant. I have been wanting to move to California near my dad, and to expand a small craft business that my caregiver had started for me and her to try and get extra money.

My hope was to get enough to buy a house that I'd be able to live in and maybe have another caregiver when Dawn dies. To have the accommodations for that person. Also to be able to get out from under the welfare system. To expand the business that it would enable me to be self-sufficient.

I called the number they gave. They gave me hope that I'd pay a fee of $149.99 in two installments and be able to get a grant, not that I'd only get the papers to fill out and not hear from them again.
My caregiver called their number to find out when we would hear from them. They told her that they hadn't processed my application yet and wouldn't hear anything from them until April.

Well, April has come and gone, tomorrow will be May 1st and I've not heard from them at all. Not even sorry, stupid you loose. All I'd like to do is blow them up, and if I could I would. I had good intentions, and thought I'd be helped, but now I have nothing. How can I tell who is reputable and who isn't ? Who will help me now. Is all I get is zero? No way to get my money back, or be able to find someone who would be willing to help me. I hope there will be a trial. I'd be willing to tell my story, if not me my caregiver will speak on my behalf.

Tell me what's next. What can be done? I need to do something, not just sit around and feel sorry for myself. Thanks for reading my report, I hope it will help put these people where they belong.

Reno, Nevada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/30/2007 05:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lions-Gate-Financial/New-York-New-York-10016-2817/Lions-Gate-Financial-Took-money-on-false-pretenses-promised-a-grant-for-money-ripoff-Ne-246262. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lion's Gate Financial