Complaint Review: Liquidation Channel

• Updated: Thu, June 27, 2013

• Reported By: Becka — Ellicott City Maryland
Liquidation Channel
Austin, Texas USA

Liquidation Channel Items described are not always accurate. Some items marked .925 are not real sterling silver. Austin Texas

I have ordered from the L.C. channel for about the last eight months.  I have not had

any problems with them regarding returns as long as the items were damaged.

The customer service is average with long wait times if you choose to hold.  They will however call you back if you leave your number.  I just sensed a general lack of care when I called.

The warning that I wish to relay is the sale of .925 sterling silver.  I have been bidding on silver chains for the last six months.  I didn't give a thought that they may not be real.  I recently received a chain that was stainless with the mistaken item number of the sterling chain I had bid on.  I called and they didn't give me any problem in returning the item.

This got me to thinking!  If they could mess up this one how many others were there?  So I took my Rare Earth Magnet and tested every chain I had received over the last six months.  I was very surprised!

Over twenty six were attracted to the magnet but were stamped .925 on the clasp.

I called and told them about this.  They told me that they would give me a refund for all of them if I still had my receipts.  So the time it took to win them is lost.  The time it took to weed them out is lost and the time it will take to find the receipts and mail them back is lost.  (HOURS)  I'm not sure why the magnet is sticking to them and I'm not sure they do either or really care.

The personal shopper told me they don't test the products that they receive.   That really leaves it wide open for their suppliers to send them whatever they want.  I know the two I took to the jewelery store tested fake and the ones I tested at home did as well.  Now, I'm concerned about the earrings and rings that I have purchased.  More time!!  Now that I have posted and read the other reports I'm worried about the gemstones being real! UGH! We will see because I just purchased the very same ring as the one described.

I don't trust them anymore and that makes me very sad!

BEWARE of any .925 silver that you buy from the internet or on television.  Test it with a 17lb or stronger magnet and if it sticks then it most likely isn't sterling.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/26/2013 10:22 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Liquidation-Channel/Austin-Texas/Liquidation-Channel-Items-described-are-not-always-accurate-Some-items-marked-925-are-1062429. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Liquidation Channel