- Report: #741480
Report - Rebuttal - Arbitrate
Complaint Review: Liquidation.com
Liquidation.comGarland, Texas United States of America
Liquidation.com ,liquidityservicesinc.com, Liquidity Services Inc, LSI, GovDeals, Goverment Liquidation, www.secondipity.com You MUST be VERY Cautious with dealing with this company. They do not treat their customers fairly. Here are some examples of what they do. Garland, Texas
1. Make sure you are 100% understanding of what you are buying. Most of the time it is SALVAGE items.
Understand that what you are getting is returns or warranty returns (no matter what they say) And be prepared to get salvage items. Broken, damaged beyond repair, missing parts, etc...
2. Items are salvage - do not pay any price close to retail. You should be around 10% of full retail or less. Also understand if it seams like too good of a deal it most likely is. We have had them sell us "$8k" worth of items and it be $800. Only for them to say that they can not be held responsible for their mistake and that is just an estimate. We can understand if it is off by abit but not 90%+. And still make us pay for it with no option of return.
3. It is best to arrange your own shipping - make sure you either have someone (or you) close to one of their warehouses to pickup. If you use a freight co. or their shipping "good luck" getting what you paid for.
We have had items shipped and not be on the pallets - called the warehouse and was told it was on the pallet. Not likely that the freight company went into each pallet removed the good items and resealed them with LQs wrapping and invoices.
If youre local you can inspect the pallets as they come off the dock.
Also shipping can just about drive you crazy with them - DO NOT miss your pickup time - not even by 1 min. We usually get their 1 hour early. Just be ready for headaches here.
4. Do not even think you can use their Dispute process. We have had attempts to resolve issues that were 100% their fault and either we have to take the loss or they suspend your account. Once suspended it will not get reopened. You would think that after you have done 10s of thousands of dollars of business with a company they would be easy to work out issues and quick to reinstate you - THIS IS NOT THE CASE.
5. Even though most of their auctions are absolute - they can still cancel an auction for the seller if it does not bring enough $$$. They will just claim that there was a error in the listing and your SOL. You will have no recourse even though you rightfully were the highest bidder. We deal in several auction each month and do not know anywhere where this is legal. Just be ready here to not win what you have won.
Hopefully this will help some of you newer buyers - Caveat emptor
If any of the seasoned buyers have any comments they can add to this post.
At this point we are considering contacting the Attorney General for the state of Texas.
This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/16/2011 09:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Liquidationcom/Garland-Texas-/Liquidationcom-liquidityservicesinccom-Liquidity-Services-Inc-LSI-GovDeals-Govermen-741480. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.
Ripoff Report has an exclusive license to this report. It may not be copied without the written permission of Ripoff Report.
If you would like to see more Rip-off Reports on this company/individual, search here:Search Tips
In order to assure the best results in your search:
- Keep the name short & simple, and try different variations of the name.
- Do not include ".com", "S", "Inc.", "Corp", or "LLC" at the end of the Company name.
- Use only the first/main part of a name to get best results.
- Only search one name at a time if Company has many AKA's.
Advertisers above have met our
strict standards for business conduct.