Complaint Review: Liquidity Services or Liquidation.com

• Submitted: Mon, October 08, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, November 02, 2012

• Reported By: Mark — Pasadena California United States of America
Liquidity Services or Liquidation.com
1920 L St. NW 6th Floor Washington,, District of Columbia United States of America

Liquidity Services or Liquidation.com risky for buyers! Our experience Washington, District of Columbia

*Consumer Comment: Blocking my email

*UPDATE Employee: Resolution Assistance

*Consumer Comment: I to am a victim

*UPDATE Employee: Dispute Resolution

*General Comment: Same old company jive

*UPDATE Employee: Resolution Assistance

I decided to make my first purchase on Liquidation.com. I'd followed the website for months, and was interested to see if it was a viable way to make a little extra income on the side.

I purchased a lot of "shelf pulls" from the a seller. I noticed a number of other bidders purchased from this seller, so I thought there must be something to it. I'd also followed Liquidation.com stock (NASDAQ listed), which seemed to have some good runs, so again, thought there must be something to this.

The seller offered a "Lot" of approx. 60 items, using high-end designer names in the header and picturing a few. However, the "Manifest" (seller's detailed list of the items) didn't list all 60 items, just a vague representation of the Lot by naming a few of the best items, with pictures. I knew, therefore, this was basically a "grab bag", but thought I'd take a chance, reasoning they'd stock it generously with mostly good items of value, to at least recoup the average bid price and, I thought, have some margin for profit left.

I received my shipment from the seller. As I went through the stuff, I realized I'd been "had". There were of course the few valuable items pictured and named in the Manifest, but the bulk of the rest was low-value, difficult to sell items. It seemed in particular they unloaded a lot of Christmas holiday kitsch on me. Most of the stuff enclosed is either unsaleable, or difficult and time-consuming sells. (I know, I've had the stuff on eBay and hardly anything's sold so far, maybe if I drop the prices to next to nothing). Another thing is that several of the items were not "shelf pulls" as they claimed, but marked "salvage" right on them! It was also clear a few of the other things were returns. A couple of items were damaged.

I'll will be lucky if I recoup half the $500+ I spent. (Which included expensive shipping and other fees).

Here's the problem I have: From what I can see, Liquidation.com has rather poor consumer protection policies. It's kind of a "pay your money and take your chances" thing. For example, they should REQUIRE A FULL, DETAILED MANIFEST LISTING of every included item by EVERY seller, otherwise there's likely to be monkey-business. Also, they have poor to no FEEDBACK MECHANISM for buyers, as eBay does, for example. For these and other reasons, I'm sure many sellers have gotten away with ripping people off and Liquidation.com apparently doesn't want to stand in the way, perhaps not wanting to lose their business.

I've seen company reponses to numerous other complaints like mine about Liquidation.com. Typically, statements like "we have many happy customers, but unfortunately some have bad experiences". Well I suspect it's a pretty good number- not just the occasional one. I think this goes on all the time.

I will NOT deal with this site again, it's just too risky and frankly, I don't even understand why bids go so high on many Lots for sale, because I've noticed looking at the Manifests of those and stated condition the value just wasn't there to justify the bids received! It seems there must be a lot of inexperienced people out there being taken advantage of.

Consumer beware, you had better know what you're doing here or you can easily become a sucker. I guess there are an awful lot of Americans trying and hoping to make a little extra income with this in these tough times and I would guess many will be disappointed. The sellers, and Liquidation.com, are apparently making some good lettuce but as usual, the American consumer frequently gets the raw deal.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/08/2012 06:48 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Liquidity-Services-or-Liquidationcom/Washington-District-of-Columbia-20036/Liquidity-Services-or-Liquidationcom-risky-for-buyers-Our-experience-Washington-Distric-952548. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Liquidity Services or Liquidation.com

Blocking my email

AUTHOR: Daron - (United States of America)

I have been sending my dispute to support liquidation everyday for the month of Oct. When i tried to send it for the first two days of this month i receieved a undeliverible message. It seems that this theiving company is now blocking me from sending them my dispute and it seems they have been receiving it all the time they have been claiming they wern't. This clearly shows they will not refund me for Best Of Brand selling me illegal counterfit merchandise.

Please beware of the lies these people tell you when they say they want to help you. After two or more months noone has contacted me and discussed this with me. Unfurtunatly if you are on this site you have already been taken by this company and have already tried their fake dispute process with no good results.I encourage anyone reading this message to not purchase any so called 100% authentic merchandise from Best Of Brand and to report Liquidation.com to the BBB.Also report them to ic3.gov for internet fraud if you feel you have been a victom of fraud.

To the person posting the same old liquidation BS letter of concern please stop lying to hard working consumers trying to start small businesses to further stealing from them.

Resolution Assistance

Hello Jason,

We are sorry to hear you did not have a great experience with us. It sounds as though you bid on a "buy it now" auction. The "Buy it now" feature enables buyers to purchase the item immediately at a fixed price, as opposed to using the bidding process. Usually, the fixed price is more than the minimum bid amount, which is why the price went up on your invoice.  However, since you did not know that, we can go ahead and request cancellation for you as a 1 time courtesy. If you could provide your transaction id to us, we can put in this request for you. Once again, we are sorry for your experience and we look forward to hearing back from you with the requested information so we can resolve this issue.

I to am a victim

AUTHOR: Out for Justice - (USA)

I am Jason and I am also a victim of this place. I was asked to put my credit card on file and placed a bid of 150.00 on computers next thing I get an invoice saying I won with a bid of OVER 350.00 and I contacted them and was told it was a legal binding contract. My wife told them we did NOT place that bid and again we were told we would have to pay that or a 200.00 Cancellation fee.

I WILL NOT PAY!!!

I am a USMC Veteran and live off Veteran Benefits get paid once a month and barely have enough to feed my family and I also thought this would be a way to make some extra money for Christmas to buy my wife a nice gift I have NEVER been able to buy for her taking such good care of me after 8 years of being with me. Now lets put it this way...try to sue me for this "fee"...You can't take benefits away from me, simple as that! I want others to also be aware of buying from these crooks....thats what this site is about it seems!!

Dispute Resolution

Daron,

We are sorry to hear you have had bad experiences with us and we would like to assist you with your dispute. Disputes normally take about 1-10 business days to resolve, which is why you might not have received any information regarding your dispute yet. However, as soon as we have a resolution, we will send you an email. If you ever wanted to check on the status of your dispute, you can also contact our customer support department as well.

Would it be possible to advise your transaction id? We can then give you some information regarding your dispute and get a resolution for you as well.

We do want to assist you with your dispute and look forward to hearing back from you with the requested information.

#5 General Comment

Same old company jive

AUTHOR: Daron - (United States of America)

I have also had a bad experience with this company. Ive also tried to resolve this using thier so called dispute policy. I had recieved counterfiet merchandise from one of their venders and after someone who brought it from me informed me it was counterfiet i filed a dispute with liquidation more than 8 times. They constantly said they didnt receive the dispute and evidence. So i continued to send it. I received this same letter from them twice. Just the same company jive claiming they want to help you but dont.

I have been waiting for weeks for some info on my refund now that i have illegal merchandise i cannot sell but still noone has giving me any answers just letter like the one you received with the same company jive.What steams me the most is the same people that sold me the counerfiet merchandise was selling the same crap on the same site with the same false claim of 100% authentic. Dont beleive these people they will send you this letter just claim they never received your dispute info for months just as they are doing to me.

Resolution Assistance

Hello,

We are sorry to hear you did not have a great experience with us and we would like to offer assistance to help resolve your issue. We offer a convenient dispute process if the items you receive are not the quality or quantity listed in the auction. To submit a dispute, just login to your account and click on the button on the left hand side of the page that states "submit a dispute." State in the dispute form that you filed a claim on RipOff Report and the description of the items you received as well. Also, submit photos of the items as this will help validate your claim. Our dispute department will then investigate your claim and will send you a resolution within 1-10 business days via email. Once again, we are sorry for your experience with us, however, thank you for providing us with this feedback as we are always looking to improve our customers experiences!