Complaint Review: Liquidity Services

• Submitted: Tue, August 21, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, August 21, 2007

• Reported By:Athens Georgia
Liquidity Services
1920 L St NW, Sixth Floor Washington, District of Columbia U.S.A.

Liquidation Services Ripped off for over $850 ripoff Washington District of Columbia

I "WON" 2 auctions which totaled over $850 and consisted of audio speakers - Auction # 1242856 / Transaction # 906671 and Headrest LCD screens and DVD players - Auction #1251382 / Transaction # 906762.

These were returns not salvage yet 95% of the speakers were shot. Surrounds (the rubber ring around the outside of the speaker which lets it vibrate without resistance) were separated, cones were split, voice coils were welded shut from the heat build up when they were used.

They touted the lot of speakers as having a $5000+ resale value which was dubious at best as the speakers new were only about that much for the lot and I knew these were used. Still I hoped to get a system out of the deal and sell enough to make my money back with a little left over to do it again.

The Headrest DVD auction claimed 13 units and when I got the lot it was more like 3 and the rest was just cables and slashed screens with busted DVD players.

My father, who lives about 2 hours away from the warehouse agreed to go pick the merchandise up for me and my daughter would go North to pick it up from him and get to visit her grandparents at the same time.

When I called the company to tell them about the merch. I was met with the fact that I would have to fill out a dispute form. When I did, it continuously came back that it was not a valid transaction # even though it was the one provided me in my account at liquidation.com.

I guess that this means that I have been denied and am just out $850+.

Count me in on the class action suit when it gets rolling as it should soon, now that I have read too many reports like mine.

Thanks and I admonish all to stay away from liquidation.com!

Athens, Georgia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/21/2007 07:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Liquidity-Services/Washington-District-of-Columbia-20036/Liquidation-Services-Ripped-off-for-over-850-ripoff-Washington-District-of-Columbia-269268. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Liquidity Services