Complaint Review: Lissa M. Zawalick & Sons

Internet USA
  • Phone: 323-743-3541
  • Web:
  • Category: Lodging

Lissa M. Zawalick & Sons Lissa ZawalickLissa LambertLisa Carpenter Scammed after full payment made for Chicago rental Internet

After checking with referrals supplied by Lissa Zawalcik, I deposited $1,100 in her account for vacation lodging in Chicago, IL covering the period of 7/4 - 7/8/13.  The property was suppose to be in a condo complex.  Lissa and her husband were to meet us at the complex and hand over keys, etc. on 7/4.

Lissa stopped responding to my emails and didn't respond to phone calls after receiving our payment in mid June.  Concerned that I had been scammed, I checked back with Craigslist, the original source of Lissa's ad, and learned that the ad was pulled.  Craigslist informed me that I had been the victim of a scam.  I then contacted the property management company for the condo complex and learned the unit Lissa was renting out does NOT exist, and she is NOT an owner of record of any of the units in the complex.

As Lissa had me deposit the money in her Bank of America account, I contacted Bank of America on 7/1 to advise them of this scam.  I also filed a police report with my local authorities.  Bank of America did make contact with the account holder and was convinced that the account holder/owner had also been scammed, even though they acknowledged she spent the money.

Bank of America asked me to hold off pursuing a civil suit since the account holder had agreed to pay me back the entire amount over a couple of months.  They also informed me there were a number of other individuals that had been scammed by this same person.

I was advised on Monday, 9/16/13, by Mary Lynn McDonald, bank manager at the local Bank of America, that they were unsuccessful in coming up with a repayment plan that the account holder, Lissa Zawalick, could accept.  I would now like to pursue criminal charges against this person.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/06/2014 10:18 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lissa-M-Zawalick-Sons/internet/Lissa-M-Zawalick-Sons-Lissa-ZawalickLissa-LambertLisa-Carpenter-Scammed-after-full-pay-1144410. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lissa M. Zawalick & Sons