Complaint Review: Listverse

• Updated: Mon, July 22, 2013

• Reported By: DocV — Casper Wyoming
Listverse
321 Riverside Drive Lower Hutt, California New Zealand

Top 10 Lists - Listverse.com - NZ Top 10 Lists provider ripped off my content, refuses to pay! Lower Hutt California

*Consumer Comment: Revision Okay

*Consumer Comment: Deceptively Easy Money

Top 10 Lists provider, Listverse, is perhaps the biggest plagiarism fraud of our time.  They tout they'll pay $100 for content that others send into them.  I was skeptical, so I did research.  This company lists a California address, New Zealand phone number and has other sites as redirects to their main site.  Clearly, this company was a red flag, but I decided to try them.

So I handed them a list, and it took 8 days for them to look it over.  Then, they send me their email stating that they won't publish my Top 10 List, yet never provided a reason why.

Several days later, I saw the list that I wrote on their site!  So, it is obvious this Listverse company steals Top 10 Lists, has shady company information, and is merely inflating traffic by promising they will pay $100 - easy to sucker people in since our economy is still poor.

Avoid this shady company, and only submit lists to reputed sources - I have reported this to proper people, and it will be handled.  I just hope others aren't getting defrauded by this 'Top 10 Lists' scam.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/22/2013 07:04 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Listverse/Lower-Hutt-California/Top-10-Lists-Listversecom-NZ-Top-10-Lists-provider-ripped-off-my-content-refuses-to-1068986. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Listverse

Revision Okay

AUTHOR: Anonymous - ()

In retrospect, the company is really not a scam, but very selective. The editor did send me a copy with suggested revisions. The subject which I thought was interesting needed to be cut down and it worked better after I revised it in another medium. So it worked out better with some revision, and I want to thank the editor for rejecting after all. Listverse also has some useful health articles.

Deceptively Easy Money

AUTHOR: Anonymous - ()

The "Submit a List" page looks deceptively easy. As a professional writer, I gave this a shot, complying with all the terms. They did write a reply that they thought my topic didn't have enough popular appeal. Given that they have the most disgusting, outlandish, bizarre lists, what exactly is popular appeal? Their response states they have revised the submission guidelines particularly with regard to sources. If that's the case they should start deleting all older lists littering the internet that don't comply. They claim the most popular lists are Mysteries, Dark side of man, and Secrets. Doesn't this indicate something about their priorities? Then, with regard to sources, they claim to have a very strict policy on sources, yet, older articles site tabloids and little known magazines. So it's really arbitrary and contradictory, who your reviewer might be and the logic of the feedback. If you hate feeling like a ghostwriter, keep a few good copies for yourself. And next time, don't send the whole list in, pitch the idea first. Finally, Essay 101 and Many Essays might be able to use your sleIv labor.