Complaint Review: Litetree

• Updated: Mon, November 11, 2013

• Reported By: briantulsaok — Tulsa Oklahoma
Litetree
2348 Leisure Ln Dunwoody, Georgia USA

Litetree.com Litetree Litetree Lt Co They Claim to be an online currency exchange... but you nothing when you send them your money Dunwoody Georgia

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: LiteTree Chargebacks

Sooo... I sent Litetree some Litecoins (a form of electronic currency) for the purpose of selling them.  They were sold on the site for $419.  The buyer got his Litecoins but I never got my $419.  Litetree is a registered currency exchange business and they claim the buyer canceled their deposit.  WTH???? I filed BBB complaint.  They never responded.  Scam artist.  Owners name is Jonathan Spiegner.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/11/2013 08:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Litetree/Dunwoody-Georgia-30338/Litetreecom-Litetree-Litetree-Lt-Co-They-Claim-to-be-an-online-currency-exchange-bu-1098623. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Litetree

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

LiteTree Chargebacks

AUTHOR: Litetree - ()

I just wanted to explain a little more about what was going on with Litetree.

We had several large chargebacks from Dwolla users, a little over $25,000 in total. These users had already withdrawn the LTC so we had no way to go after them. What we had to do was put a hold on all withdrawals so we could review each one to make sure all where from legitimate users.

It seems that a few real users where caught in the mess and some of the scammers took to the forums and here to report they where not getting withdrawals.

I apologies for anyone who had to endure several weeks of not hearing from us, but we believe that everyones withdrawals have now been processed.

What we are implementing to to prevent this in future is a new customer verification systems that will verify in realtime, same as what bitstamp uses, we also have a wait period for bank account deposits prone to chargebacks. Other exchanges like campbx use today.

If anyone is still have any issue please let us know by contact our Support.

Brian Horton please contact me via Support and I will refund you $419 out of my own pocket.