justified

• Submitted: Wed, January 30, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, January 30, 2008

• Reported By:Arvada Colorado
Lithia Dodge Of Cherry Creek
2727 SOUTH HAVANA Aurora, Colorado U.S.A.

Lithia Dodge Of Cherry Creek Warranty work not honored Aurora Colorado Canada

I feel that I am being ripped off by the Dodge corporation. I have a 2003 Dodge Durango that I had problems keeping running. I had it towed to an autoshop where the technician said that it needed a new oil pump, and parts and labor would be $800 dollars. I told them not to do the work, this vehicle still has the 7 yr 70000 mile warranty. I called the Dodge Dealership closes to my address, they said that the oil pump is covered under warranty, so I figured $100 is better than $800, so I had the vehicle towed to the dealership. They also stated that if they found any sludge in the engine that it would not be covered. After they recieved the vehicle, they said they did not see any sludge and after they had the vehicle for 3 days, they stated "we could not find anything wrong with the vehicle you can come and pick it up" within 5 miles of the dealership, the oil light came on, and the engine started knocking, I pulled the vehicle into a parking lot and called the dealership, they had the vehicle towed back, and now they are telling me it needs a new engine and they suddenly found sludge in the engine so it isn't covered under warranty and the cost is $6000 dollars.

After doing some searching on the internet with google using the words dodge and sludge, it is amazing how many of these vehicles are having this problem and how dodge refuses to warranty anything. I know have a vehicle that I am still making payments on that I can not afford to repair because they want $20 oil reciepts for the last 2 years of oil changes.

I called Dodge Corporation thinking someone there could help me, but they just refer me back to the dealer, I asked to speak with someone else and she told me that they will just tell me the same thing, I told her I didn't car, and she told me to hold, after holding for 30 minutes, I was conviently disconnected.

I guess no one fights for the consumer anymore it is all about the big businesses and how much profit they can make screwing the consumers.

DO NOT BUY DODGE!!!! YOU WILL GET SCREWED IN THE END

Kevin
Arvada, Colorado

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/30/2008 03:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lithia-Dodge-Of-Cherry-Creek/Aurora-Colorado-80014/Lithia-Dodge-Of-Cherry-Creek-Warranty-work-not-honored-Aurora-Colorado-Canada-304693. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lithia Dodge Of Cherry Creek