Complaint Review: Little Flower Adoptions

• Submitted: Wed, March 01, 2006
  • Updated: Sat, September 24, 2011

• Reported By:La Porte Texas
Little Flower Adoptions
8330 Meadow Road, Suite 218 Dallas, Texas U.S.A.

Little Flower Adoptions Is horrible to birth mothers ripoff Dallas Texas

*Consumer Comment: URGENT

*Consumer Suggestion: Contact PEAR (Parents for Ethical Adoption Reform)

*Consumer Suggestion: HOLLY AND ALL OTHERS PLEASE CONTACT ME

*Consumer Suggestion: They operated illegally

I recently placed a child for adoption through Little Flower Adoptions.

I was told through my whole pregnancy that it was an open adoption and I had 6 mths to change my mind after adoption.

I had my daughter on 12/12/05 and decided on 12/14, when it came time to sign the papers, I could not do it.

The lady from the agency had the hospital counselor come in and tell me if I did not sign the papers they would place the baby in CPS custody and I would never know anything about her.

I did not know what to do so I signed the papers and asked to see my daughter to say goodbye.

I then found out the adoptive family had already left with her before I even signed the papers.

I started fighting the adoption after 3 days and went to court. The agency told the judge they intend to prove I am unfit and they would go after the kids already in my home if proven unfit.

They basically forced me to choose between my kids.

I have tried to get pics and letters from my "open adoption" but was told because I did not get it in writing, something they did not tell me I needed, that it is up to the couple if they want to send them or not.

I have not recieved counseling and asked for it several times. The agency told me basically I needed to realize my child died and deal with it or they would call CPS and report I was depressed and having problems raising my kids at home (not true)

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS AGENCY IF YOU WANT AN OPEN ADOPTION!

Holly
La Porte, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/01/2006 12:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Little-Flower-Adoptions/Dallas-Texas-75231/Little-Flower-Adoptions-Is-horrible-to-birth-mothers-ripoff-Dallas-Texas-178753. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Little Flower Adoptions

URGENT

AUTHOR: brianaxenia - (United States of America)

Holly, my name's Briana and I am from La Porte, Texas but currently living in Houston. I trusted my adoption but something similiar to your case has happened to me and I am trying to fight it but no one seems to want to help me.
I need you to contact me as soon as you can.Little Flower Agency cant keep doing this. Please!

greendot94@hotmail.com

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Contact PEAR (Parents for Ethical Adoption Reform)

AUTHOR: Aarg - (U.S.A.)

To anyone who has experienced an unethical adoption, whether you are the birth parent or the adoptive parent, please report your experience to the nonprofit group, Parents for Ethical Adoption Reform. While PEAR is primarily a voice for adoption reform from the prospective and adoptive parents' point of view, they also advocate for the ethical treatment of first families.

You should also report your experience to Ethica, which acts as an independent voice for ethical adoption.

Both of these groups, which you can google to find, are actively involved with the effort to reform adoption laws to ensure that adoptions are transparent, ethical, economical, legal, and respectful of first family rights.

#3 Consumer Suggestion

HOLLY AND ALL OTHERS PLEASE CONTACT ME

AUTHOR: Samantha12 - (U.S.A.)

Holly, I posted my same problem with Little Flower just now as my lawyer has found this. I need you to contact me please. Anyone else as well.

#4 Consumer Suggestion

AUTHOR: Kelly - (U.S.A.)

Holly and MK...I am very sorry about your experience! No birthmom should be treated that way!! I may be able to help please contact me if you wish. Maybe if nothing else we can get these people shut down so they cannot hurt others!

#5 Consumer Suggestion

#6 Consumer Suggestion

#7 Consumer Suggestion

#8 Consumer Suggestion

They operated illegally

AUTHOR: Mk - (U.S.A.)

Hi there,

I'm also a birthmom and involved in lots of adoption issues, and research etc.

They broke the law in so many ways. The adoption would have been finalized by now and the baby adapted to his/her new home, so I realize that it's too late to do much more.

But keep getting the word out - this is so wrong on so many levels.

Do you have a way to contact the adoptive parents? Do you know anything about them so that you can directly contact them?

Touch base again and let us know what has happened since. Maybe someone can help you locate them (the adoptive parents) so you can at least get updates somehow.

Take care.