Complaint Review: Little Neck Mobile gas station and repair shop

• Updated: Thu, March 06, 2014

• Reported By: Denise — springfield gardens New York
Little Neck Mobile gas station and repair shop
252-34 - 252-98 Union Tpke Bellerose, New York USA

Little Neck Realty Corp./Mobile gas station and repair shop AAA recommended this?? stay away Bellerose New York

I had to have my car towed to this place because the radiator was cracked. This place ripped me off by charging me $200 to replace 2 small hoses in the front of my car which cost about $20 each. The hoses were reusable and did not have to be replaced. I never received a breakdown of the labor charges which totaled $900. When I spoke with John (the manager) regarding the prices, he told me that the prices were high because the parts used were Motorcraft. Motorcraft does not make any of the parts I needed (hoses, radiator, thermostat) for my car. So that was a lie. He also does not carry any Motorcraft products in his store. The antifreeze used in my car was Pride not Prestone, which I was also charged for, as they also do not carry or sell Prestone in their establishment. When I spoke to a mechanic about this, when I saw him pouring Pride antifreeze into my car, he said “that they just do as they are told.” Then John, the manager, then showed me the driver (steering) belt and tried to convince me that it was the radiator belt and he replaced it for me at no charge. I informed him that I had the driver belt replaced last year and I know what it looks like. After looking somewhat foolish, he then walked away and never came back. This place was actually recommended by AAA. I filed a complaint with them and the BBB.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/06/2014 12:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Little-Neck-Mobile-gas-station-and-repair-shop/Bellerose-New-York-11416/Little-Neck-Realty-CorpMobile-gas-station-and-repair-shop-AAA-recommended-this-stay-aw-1128757. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Little Neck Mobile gas station and repair shop