Complaint Review: Litton Loan Mortgage

• Submitted: Fri, April 10, 2009
  • Updated: Fri, April 10, 2009

• Reported By:Austin Texas
Litton Loan Mortgage
4828 Loop Central Drive Houston, Texas U.S.A.

Litton Loan Mortgage Deceptive collection, credit reporting and mortgage practices Houston Texas

I've gone through many years of abuse from Litton Loan once they took over my loan. Their actions are too long to list here but here's a bit:

-Holding payments so they become late
-Denying received payments
-Not applying the payments correctly
I now only pay by western union to make sure they receive the funds on the same day.

-Filing to foreclose even though an arrangment was already made.
-Failure to notify of foreclosure in timely manner. We were notified by receiving a harrassing call from one of their agents asking us if we knew we were being foreclosed on. This was right before Christmas several years ago. We received "official" notification couple of days after the phone call but it didn't matter. We couldn't find a lawyer to take our case during the holidays with a foreclosure date of the first week right after the New Year.

We were forced to either lose our home, file bankruptcy or negotiate with the agent that called us. We ended up negotiating paying over $5k to avoid foreclosure. Then we found out later about $20k in fees were added to the mortgage during that time.

-Misc corporate fees added to loan that they can't fully explain. Over $20k in fees at one point. It's down to $13k now for some reason they still can't explain or give proper backup.

-Claiming the house isn't insured when it really is (even after sending proof of insurance) and then tacking on their insurance fees to the loan. Oftentimes they would tak it on without us knowing so we would have to prove it after the fact.

-Reporting credit as constantly late 120+ days even though we weren't late. Many years ago payments made were erratic so some monthlys were short or some had multiple payments to cover previous months shortage. Discovered they applied payments how they wished towards "corporate fees" and kept morgage as late because the payments weren't full. To rectify ended up paying $3k to become current and they said credit would be reflected to show current.

- Written requests for information on my mortgage are generally answered but don't really answer anything. Or they give me an answer to speak with their agents which the agent then says to send in a written request. A couple of times they've sent me an answer by mail saying the info is attached but there's no attachment. It's like running in circles to get any real info on my mortgage from them.

- Current issue: they sent me an escrow statement after I made this $3k payment saying my escrow account was negative so by law they have to collect the past due amount ($3500) this year and add that to my payments. I have never received an escrow statement from them ever.

I paid my usual payment in March and April and just got a statement dated March 13 that says my payment is due March 1 and the payment went up by $500. The payment I had made at the begginning of the month was listed as being paid but it was applied to a suspense account not to the usual principle and interest, etc so its like I never paid it. The due date on the statement says due March 1 even though I paid both March and April already but oddly the pulloff portion at the bottom says my payment isn't due until Oct 2009.

Now I'm back to having late payments with them b/c the payment isn't the amount that they just made up. How do I free myself from this financial harrassment?

My goal is to get out from under them but everytime I try they do something else that prevents me from doing so. I've tried to refi but have been unsuccessful. Litton wouldn't even send a payoff amount to the company looking to refi.

I would like to join others in a class action lawsuit against them. I've read over the years numerous stories of victims of their shady practicies and I'm ready to help however I can to stop this madness for my own sake and the sake of others.

Austin, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/10/2009 03:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Litton-Loan-Mortgage/Houston-Texas-77081/Litton-Loan-Mortgage-Deceptive-collection-credit-reporting-and-mortgage-practices-Houston-442643. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Litton Loan Mortgage