Complaint Review: Litton Loan Services

• Submitted: Wed, November 12, 2008
  • Updated: Wed, November 12, 2008

• Reported By:Cheyenne Wyoming
Litton Loan Services
www.Littonloanservice.com Houston, Texas U.S.A.
  • Phone:
  • Web:
  • Category: Loans

Litton Loan Services Interest only loan that was UNKNOWN TO ME. Houston Texas

We bought a nice cabin in California, that were able to put $70,000 down and the seller carried the balance of about $271,000. When it was time we had a very high interest loan from Chase 8.8% and several months later Litton bought the loan.
Not until I reviewed a statement did I notice our high payment 2150.00 for a 8.8 "interest only" loan. I had "assumed" this was a 30 year fixed since the payment was so high. In addition to that was the fact my rate was going up to 9.2 and the payment was going up accordingly. When I called them on it I found out my rate was tied to some European rate, not the US rates which at the time were going down.
I was refused every sort of modification until I stopped making payments and then they offered the same rate of 8.8 but the payments were magically $200.00 less than I was paying for 3 years.
I'm walking from this loan. I had $70,000 equity into the property and made payments for almost 4 years, only to find it was interest only with no help in ever actually owning the property.

Devastated
Cheyenne, Wyoming

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/12/2008 08:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Litton-Loan-Services/Houston-Texas/Litton-Loan-Services-Interest-only-loan-that-was-UNKNOWN-TO-ME-Houston-Texas-390398. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Litton Loan Services