Complaint Review: Live Career

• Updated: Fri, July 12, 2013

• Reported By: DeborahV — Angola New York
Live Career
Internet USA

Live Career Deceptive...$2.95 for a resume $34.95 recurring charge MONTHLY!!! Internet

*Author of original report: Pay even closer attention

*Consumer Comment: Look at the pic

I was in a hurry to get a new resume out and found Live Career. The website advertised that you could write a resume for $2.95. I composed my resume and paid the $2.95 for it, printed it out and on my way to a job application. I would never have signed up to have them deduct $34.95 every month for their services. I only needed one resume.When I live chatted the rep was not very helpful and refused to give me a refund. He cut me off when I advised him I would write the Attorney General. Frustrated, I called in person. The representative stated this very same information that their policy to sign you up with auto renewal every month was clearly stated. This policy is not  stated on the main page so I do not where it is stated. BUYER BEWARE! I did tell her I wanted a refund and she gave me a partial refund but would not cover the insufficient fund charges. I do not know how they get away with this! I am an average Jane just looking for something to make my life easier. [continued below]....

..... I will definately spread the word about this company and do intend to contact the proper authorities to get something done about this. A word of advice...I used an account exclusively for internet sales and put only what I charged into that account so there is no charge to my bank account beyond what I agreed to pay.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/08/2013 10:07 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Live-Career/internet/Live-Career-Deceptive295-for-a-resume-3495-recurring-charge-MONTHLY-Internet-1065208. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Live Career

Pay even closer attention

AUTHOR: deborahv - ()

In response to Mocha...If you look at the image i submitted you will see a (skip for now) at the bottom...As I said, I was in a hurry and clicked on (skip for now). I believe the company tricks you by having the button already clicked to sign up for the $34 a month charge...I would never in my right mind sign up for that! So just goes to show how they trap people!

Look at the pic

AUTHOR: MochaG - ()

Did you see what in the image you attached? Look under the choice you checked... There is a clause saying it will be auto renewal $34.95 monthly. You could cancel any time, however. I hope this will be a lesson learned for you to READ EVERYTHING. There is always a small print and that is the "catch" for most "too good to be true" deal.