Complaint Review: Live Career

• Reported By: Khadijah — Kennesaw Georgia
Live Career
Internet USA

Live Career Hidden Upgrades! Internet

I paid for the ONE TIME FEE of $4.95 resume builder service from this website a month ago and discovered today that they charged my account for $41. I called the customer service number and while waiting for about 35 minutes, the automated voice said a series of things, one of them being that if you didn't cancel the subscription, your service is automatically updated to the monthly service.

Considering they didn't put this anywhere clearly on the website or service agreement that I could see, I feel that this was a gimmick. Had I known that they would continue to charge me, I would've cancelled the same day I used the service, since I only needed it to help me make the resume which i then saved to my laptop.

When I finally got a person, I explained that I didn't know about the automatic upgrade and would like to cancel the $41 charge. The customer sales rep asked for the email I used to create the account and as soon, as I started to tell her, she hung up in my face. It was not an accident, because it's the same noise it makes when I get off the phone with other CS reps-the sound of the receiver slamming into the console.

This is what pissed me off. If I had been told "Sorry ma'am, you didn't cancel in time, so we can't refund your money." I would have just sucked it up. My fault for not reading the fine print, if there was any. However, they were rude about it. So, I promptly cancelled my account subscription and went back to my account online.

When trying to dispute the charge, I noticed that the charge was "pending" and therefore, not on the dispute page. It was my lucky day. Somewhere out there, my money was floating around not yet in their account but also not in my account either. My card company can easily refund a charge that is still pending, since they technically didn't take the money from me yet. I had done it before with an Amazon order that I cancelled but remained pending in my account for a week.

So, I called my card's customer service line, told them I didn't authorize the charge and got my money back in my account as soon as I got off the phone with the rep! HA!! Next time, deal with your customers a little nicer because the rudeness was what prompted me to find ways around your charges Live Career!!! Also, read the fine print for this website people!!!! I am reading that they get people this way alot. I was just lucky enough to catch it before the charge actually went through and they got my money.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/12/2014 01:59 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Live-Career/internet/Live-Career-Hidden-Upgrades-Internet-1154331. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Live Career