Complaint Review: Live Career

• Submitted: Wed, January 23, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, February 25, 2013

• Reported By: Fabbergasted — Chattanooga Tennessee United States of America
Live Career

Live Career My perfect resume These folks sucker you in to a one time deal for $3.95 telling you it will help you. They fail to make it clear you will get an automatic $34.95 a month shafting you won`t know about until you feel a Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Inferior product and ripoff ways

*UPDATE Employee: Livecareer My Perfect Resume Response

*UPDATE Employee: Livecareer My Perfect Resume Response

*Consumer Comment: Details?

Out of work,out of money and needing help to get a job. You think you are getting a deal and get sent deeper into desperation. You think you are getting a bargain and low and behold you hurt yourself worse!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/23/2013 08:39 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Live-Career/internet/Live-Career-My-perfect-resume-These-folks-sucker-you-in-to-a-one-time-deal-for-395-telli-1001774. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Live Career

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Inferior product and ripoff ways

AUTHOR: codyboy27 - (United States of America)

I too got soaked for the 34.95. The rub here isnt that the 34.95 was taken illegally. Here's the problem they advertise "FREE" all over the place. Then after spending two hours the "FREE" product it then becomes 3.95 and an automatic renewal. The product stinks. I paid anyway and tried to download it. The formatting was poor. They could not help me. I made a resume for free with word template that was much better.

I tried to cancel but they slammed me for the 34.95 before I could. So I paid 3.95 + 34.95 for the "FREE" product that was crappy to begin with. Good riddance and ill be back if they deduct another month after stating it was canceled. I do expect this to happen because the "live chat operator" was snotty and said it was canceled and signed off eventhough I was asking for a confirmation number.

When will these type scams be considered illegal and the scumbags put in jail????

Dont buy from them run and dont look back.

Livecareer My Perfect Resume Response

AUTHOR: Katrina_LiveCareer - (United States of America)

Dear Fabbergasted,

I apologize for the misunderstanding. The $3.95 option you chose is good for 7 days and then it auto-renews. Underneath the subscription options in the same size font we state that the subscription will auto-renew on the 8th day. Additionally, we state that on confirmation page, as well as in the email confirmation you received. We do offer several ways to cancel including by phone, live chat, email, and self- cancellation in your Account Settings!

You can also contact our customer service team for help! We are available 18 hours a day, 7 days a week from 6am- Midnight EST at toll free 1-888-816-0576 or through live chat on our site. If you prefer you can send us an email to: customerservice@livecareer.com. We also list our contact information on our "Contact Us" and "About Us" Pages on our site.

Best Regards,
LiveCareer

Livecareer My Perfect Resume Response

AUTHOR: Katrina_LiveCareer - (United States of America)

Dear Chattanooga,

then it auto-renews. Underneath the subscription options in the same size font we state that the subscription will auto-renew on the 8th day. Additionally, we state that on confirmation page, as well as in the email confirmation you received. We do offer several ways to cancel including by  phone, live chat, email, and self- cancellation in your Account Settings!

You can also contact our customer service team for help! We are available 18 hours a day, 7 days a week from 6am- Midnight EST at toll free 1-888-816-0576 or through live chat on our site. If you prefer you can send us an email to: customerservice@livecareer.com. We also list our contact information on our "Contact Us" and "About Us" Pages on our site.

Best Regards,
LiveCareer

Details?

AUTHOR: Giselle - (USA)

Please re-post with DETAILS.  How did you find out about this company, what were they offering, what happened, how much did you pay, how were you ripped off, did you try to get a refund, if so, who did you talk to? What did they say, etc.