Complaint Review: Live Nation

• Updated: Fri, September 07, 2012

• Reported By: Kenny — New York New York United States of America
Live Nation
Charleston, West Virginia United States of America

Live Nation Live Nation Changed the Placement of $350 Seats to Madonna without Prior Notice Charleston, West Virginia

I went to a Madonna concert last night at the Yankee Stadium and spent more than $370 (including fees). You would think that with this amount of money I or anyone who spent a fortune on tickets would get what they pay for in terms of treatment and seating.

When my friend and I arrived at the Yankee Stadium to claim our seats, we were immediately told by the guards that we had to change our tickets because our seating was changed by Live Nation that morning. The final seating arrangements did not reflect the seating chart that the tickets were sold on. We were relegated to the back section of the $350+ section to accomodate people in a makeshift elevated ramp (why the preferential treatment was never made clear).

Why they did this to probably three rows of people who paid this amount or even more (I heard tickets for that section were going  up to around $1000) is such a disservice. The reason why people spend this much on tickets is to be assured 1) a good seat to enjoy their favorite artists and 2) better treatment.

Apparently Live Nation has a blatant disregard for their customers. People were complaining (rightfully so) to the guards at the Yankee Stadium (they didn't even have representatives to explain the change) and that in itself made the experience unpleasant.

They should have 1) given us advance notice so we can make alternative arrangements if necessary and 2) not make changes in the last minute that favor individuals who paid the same amount for tickets. In that section we were told people paid the same amount, but why one gets an elevated seat without prior notice at the expense of others was never fully explained.

I want to make my complaint more formal with representatives from Live Nation or Ticketmaster, but not sure how to do so. If there's some advice that this Web site can provide, I'd really appreciate it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/07/2012 05:20 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Live-Nation/Charleston-West-Virginia-25311/Live-Nation-Live-Nation-Changed-the-Placement-of-350-Seats-to-Madonna-without-Prior-Noti-937850. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Live Nation