Complaint Review: Live Technician

• Updated: Fri, May 02, 2014

• Reported By: B G Carter — Boca Raton Florida
Live Technician
Nationwide USA

Live Technician and Greg Stewart, Vince Taylor(floor mgr.P Paul Thomas, Edward Norman Represented it was an AOL approved 3rd party to provide technical assistance and security. Nationwide

An agent for Live technician contacted me; said his company was approved by AOL(my ISP) to provide both on-line technical assistance and security.  For payment in advance by my credit card, the service would be effective immediately.

On one occassion on 25 Feb. 2013, an agent answered my question and sen directions on how to use windows to fax and scan

On 4 December 2013 Edward Norman called me and indicated that live technician had detected that some hackers in Germany had sisable my Microsoft and AVG security.  When I protested that already I had purchased live technician's security, he asserted that the hackers penetrated my network and that the first purchased only protected my computer.He claimed 1) my computr security contract lasted until February 2016, but 2) for an additional $349.99 live technician would provide lifetime security for both computer and network.

On 26 April 2014 a notice of a threat appeared on my screen, and I immediately shut off the computer

When I called live technician, a series of technicians advised me repeatedtly to use the F8 key to reboot.  They identified themselves as Edwin and George.  On 6 May  2014 technician Paul Thomas say somehow a hacker had used a trojan (csrss.exe command) to crash my computer; that I had to purchase a blank RW(rewrite) DVD; go to a library with an Internet connection; and then call him at 1-866-408-4349 or 1-888-389=7614.

I queried AOL and received only a vague reference to recent "unauthorized" penetration of its files.

Finally, a little good sense entered my mind, and I found a former programmer of IBM who successfully reinstalled Windows 7 and saved my files.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/02/2014 11:15 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Live-Technician/nationwide/Live-Technician-and-Greg-Stewart-Vince-Taylorfloor-mgrP-Paul-Thomas-Edward-Norman-Rep-1143559. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Live Technician