• Report: #1071934

• Reported By: skepticg8 — Fairview Park Ohio
Live Technicians
1564 Nimpkish Place Duncan, British Columbia Canada

Live Technicians Live Technicians Duncan British Columbia Canada

I had problems with using Google to search and clicked on the 'help' link.  Instead of Google, I to Live Technicians, who said that I have 'spyware problems' and that my computer is about to crash, since someone hacked into it.  They told me I need to fix it and they would give me 3 years of 24-hour technical help if I pay $289.99.

Since I could not use my computer, and thought they sounded legitimate (remember, I could not use google search to verify if this company is legitimate), I paid them with my credit card.  After almost 2 hours of remotely being accessed by a technician, I found that my computer problems were not resolved.  In fact, now I can't even open up new emails.

I immediately requested a refund to my card and told them I will be reporting them to the Ripoff Report.  After finally being able to access the Ripoff report through Google search, I found others had very similar problems.  I was told that they are from Las Vegas, but the billing address is in Canada.  Also, they had east Asian - Pakistani or Indian accents.  Beware and do NOT trust this company.  If I don't receive my refund, I will be reporting them to the authorities.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/31/2013 08:06 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Live-Technicians/Duncan-British-Columbia-V9L0A6/Live-Technicians-Live-Technicians-Duncan-British-ColumbianbspCanada-1071934. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Live Technicians