Complaint Review: Live365

• Submitted: Sat, May 16, 2009
  • Updated: Sat, May 16, 2009

• Reported By:Arlington Virginia
Live365
950 Tower Lane, Suite 1550 Foster City,, California U.S.A.
  • Phone: 800-2944777 x 116
  • Web:
  • Category: Internet

Live365 Company refuses to cancel my service and refund my credit card until 2010 Foster City, California

Live365 is an Internet streaming radio company.

I contacted Live365 after my credit card was charged and asked it to cancel the charge for its service since I do not use it. Live365 notified me that it would cancel the charge at the beginning of the next cycle of service in April 2010.

Here are some quotes from Live365 regarding its policies: "Thank you for writing to Live365.com. We're sorry to see that you'd like to cancel your Live365 account. I wanted to assure you that it is not our intention to go in and charge your account without any authorization and notice. We wanted to automatically charge the user's account so to eliminate the hassle of doing it themselves and avoid any unnecessary interruptions to their services. In terms of refunds, we don't usually offer refunds for cancellation of subscriptions. I apologize for any inconvenience caused upon our behalf."

This is not satisfactory; it is a rip-off.

Ostensibly, abuse is not limited to credit card companies whom the government is trying to reign in currently but also to firms who refuse to cancel charges on credit cards.

Jim
Arlington, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/16/2009 08:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Live365/Foster-City-California-94404/Live365-Company-refuses-to-cancel-my-service-and-refund-my-credit-card-until-2010-Foster-C-452457. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Live365