Complaint Review: LiveCareer

• Reported By: James — New York New York United States of America
LiveCareer
1 Holliday Place Internet United States of America

LiveCareer Internet resume company decpetive billing practices Internet

Live Career uses a very decptive practice to bill for services that are not desired by it's customers.  I only wanted to print one (1) resume at the outrageous price of $4.95 but I needed it instantly.  When they sent me an online invoice, the $4.95 charge for 7 day access was prominantely displayed.

However, off to the sideit listed a "subscription" for $34.95 per month with no descrition of what that fee was supposed to entitle me to. Unfortunately, I billed it on my debit card which I rarely use so I never saw the charges or statements coming through and did not check because I had no indication that any service was being rendered.

The website is very unclear that this was an ongoing service.  I called Live Career only after having incidently used that card for the first time in 9 months later to find about $300 drained from my bank account.  When I called to ask for credit, they wer not impolite but they also seemed to indicate that I was the one in the wrong and at best I might get a few months credit.  I must now wait a few business days to find out what they are willing to do.

Buyers be ware!  This is a slick looking website that makes it look like you are buying a one time use of a service but they are really trying to enroll you in an overpriced service without any notification about contiued participation.  Let's see if they are willing to refund the money or they are happy to take the money and laugh off the bad press.

Jim

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/05/2012 02:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LiveCareer/internet/LiveCareer-Internet-resume-company-decpetive-billing-practices-Internet-937191. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LiveCareer