Complaint Review: LiveOps

• Submitted: Wed, May 05, 2010
  • Updated: Tue, May 01, 2012

• Reported By: Diane — Milwaukee Wisconsin United States of America
LiveOps

LiveOps Extreme financial hardships due to false and unjust termination of services provided by independent agent. Internet

*UPDATE EX-employee responds: hello my friend

I started in January of 2009, providing services to LiveOps.   I am disabled and can't work outside of the home so this was the perfect source of income for me. All was going so well, so I thought.

In February of 2010, I was shocked to get a message that my services with LiveOps was being terminated due to Breach of Contract. They listed a few reasons such as, "Inappropriately Long Call Handle Time." A time limit was set on how long you could be on the phone with a customer. I am guilty on a few calls that went beyond the call limit but I also was in a situation where I felt I could not hang up or cut the call short.

My real concern is that LiveOps accussed me on seven occasions of, "Failure to Have Available Tools Required to Provide Services."  This was absolutely a false accussation.  I had all the tools required to perform the services needed.  The problem was on their end.  They would send 2-3 calls to the agents all at one time.  When the phone rings, you can only answer one call and let the other ones go.  The ones that we had to let go were dispositioned as, "No One Online."

There were several occasions where quite a few of us agents were having troubled with functioning on the LiveOps site.  We were told it was a technical issue with our computers. One of the agents questioned our surpervisor on the fact that so many of us were having problems with the site and could it possibly be technical issues on LiveOps' end.  The problem was never on their end, always on the agents end.  Right before I received my notice that my services with LiveOps was being terminated, I took my computer in just to make sure it was running ok.  I was told it was running fine and there was no problems with it.

When I received my termination notice, LiveOps did give us the chance to email back to them if we disagreed with their decision.  I don't know what good that did as I emailed back to them letting them know I had all the necessary tools to do the job and that I took my computer in and all was fine with my computer.  Never heard back from them.

To wrap up my complaint against LiveOps, I feel they treated me unfairly and unjustly.  Their accussation that I failed to have the proper tools required to provide services was a false accussation and they have no proof of their accussation. I, however took my computer in and it was found to have no problems at all. They fail to take responsiblility for their technical issues but put the blame on the agents and case closed.  I also am now in a position of extreme financial difficulties which I do put the blame on LiveOps.  The least they could have done was give an agent a time period to at least find some other source of income.  I would never reccommend LiveOps to any independent contractor who is looking for a honest, reliable company to provide services for. I am also wondering why it took them 13 months to come up with the accussation that I didn't have the proper tools.  How did I manage to do the job for those 13 months if I didn't have the proper tools to provide services to them?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/05/2010 12:14 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LiveOps/internet/LiveOps-Extreme-financial-hardships-due-to-false-and-unjust-termination-of-services-provi-600276. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LiveOps

#1 UPDATE EX-employee responds

hello my friend

AUTHOR: The Whistle Blower - (United States of America)

Hello I am an ex Live Ops and I hope you are doing better...they also caused me a lot of stress and I am so glad to be away from them.  I hope you found a lot of other opportunities since this...they are all washed up... but I am happy to say I did get the last word in... I was just as equally ignorant as they were to me and it felt good!!!  lol good luck...