Complaint Review: LivePerson - Kasamba

• Updated: Sun, October 26, 2008

• Reported By:NY New York
LivePerson - Kasamba
www.liveperson.com Internet U.S.A.

LivePerson - Kasamba supports scamming expert who charged me $500 for no work and without any invoice or notification Internet

*Consumer Comment: Sorry to hear your story Sc.....

I feel betrayed... Deeply.

About two months ago, I decided to get help from Kasamba's experts to give a practical makeover to my website. I have programming skills, but I wanted something a little more complex and I did not have the time to do all the work.

One expert, Xware, took on my offer. I provided him with precise directions and models for each page of the website, even some programming code. He offered a $500 fee.

I trusted him with my server, so he could upload the new site directly on it. He had my password and login.
Some couple of weeks went by and he got back to me saying he had uploaded a folder (as an extension to my regular url) and I could check things out. He was also sending out the invoice he said.
I found out the folder contained only a duplicate of my own website; he had done NO WORK on anything. Even worse, he did not even take the time to activate the links in the duplicate.
I notified him with the error and he pretended to play dumb. When I said "I don't understand, those files are mine and they are my current website. Plus your links don't work." He would only pick up the last part and reply "yes, it's normal that the links don't work." What about my work???

I felt like it was never gonna go anywhere. I felt confident the expert wanted to see how credule I was and he, himself, would drop the situation after seeing I wasn't that stupid.
Mind you, he never manifested himself again and Kasamba silently charged $500 on my credit card.

The fact is they state you have 72 hours to protest against such a charge. That is if they notify you that they just have charged your cc. In my case, I never did get eve one email warning me. I mean, any website, when you make a purchase and you're being charged, they email you the confirmation.

So I found out one month later that I had been charged $500 for my own work. I contacted them and explained the situation but Natalie, the lady who dealt with me, did not want to hear a single thing. I contacted the expert who still plays dumb.

Now let me say... They need to have their asses sued. Especially when I read that they have a history of supporting scam experts.

Sc
NY, New York

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/22/2008 08:37 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LivePerson-Kasamba/internet/LivePerson-Kasamba-supports-scamming-expert-who-charged-me-500-for-no-work-and-without-383677. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LivePerson - Kasamba

Sorry to hear your story Sc.....

AUTHOR: S - (United Kingdom)

It appears that the scamming and fraud takes place not just in the Spirituality section of LP then.

I hope you pursue getting your money back and good luck!