There are a lot of reports about the "psychics" on Liveperson.com. After reading the reports, I think the better way to help people is to offer clues as to who you should and should not use on the site:
1. The rating system - the system is HEAVILY skewed in favor of the reader. The ratings must be made within 30 days and, oftentimes, LP will shorten that period to make sure you don't get to rate. Thus, when you see a bunch of 4 and 5 stars, you are seeing people that rated immediately after the session closed.
2. Look at all the ratings (if possible) - what this means is skip through the pages--look at page 1, page 5, page 7, page 11, etc.. As you go through the ratings, you will see ratings that state "predictions came to pass." "Came to pass" is a term psychics use. If you see a bunch of comments like that, I would SKIP that reader. You are specifically looking for "prediction came true or prediction was correct or the person was right." If you see a bunch of comments stating the aforementioned, this is a reader you want to use.
3. Same user comments - if you see a reader with at least 5 IN A ROW ratings from the same person, SKIP that reader--the ratings are likely fraudulent
4. Pauses - there are a number of reasons for pauses on LP; the number 1 reason given for pauses is "my computer is freezing up." I leave it up to you whether or not you belief it, but these are the real reasons for pauses: (1) reading your previous transcripts; (2) reading transcripts they have obtained from other users; (3) googling your user name to see what type of ratings you give; and (4) asking other readers if you should be avoided. A few seconds is justificable, but pauses over 10 seconds means something else is going on
5. Running up the cost - one reader I know runs up the fee by using time to enter spaces; she spends 10 or more seconds doing spaces and then she types some sentence that doesn't really say anything...you ask for clarification and she types in more spaces (like this)
and then she answers your questions
Be aware of any reader who uses your time to type nothing but spaces
6. Blocking you - You will be blocked for the following reasons: (1) you post a rating to ANY reader saying the prediction did not come true; (2) you question any of the information the reader gave you; (3) you ask for a refund even if it is for technical reasons
7. Changing user names and faces - many of the readers change user names; if a reader changes usernames after a long period of the site, this usually means they have been exposed as a fraud. Look through the comments and see if the person is sometimes referred to as a he when the picture is a SHE or vice versa.
8. High priced readers - readers over $4.99 are usually ones who have worked the rating system so well that people believe they are accurate. I know for a fact that many of the readers over $4.99 have been WRONG and are known to be wrong but they know what to tell you
9. Examples of what should make you suspicious:
I am here to ask about my love life. The person then says" I see someone around you; you and she will be together." If you say no (he is with someone else), then they say he is a jerk or a player
You ask about work. The person responds: what type of work you do. You tell them and they immediately state: "somebody is gossipping about you at work or there is a backstabber at your job."
You ask about other stuff. The person responds with questions and then offers you predictions, based not upon psychic ability, but based upon what you said and the vibe she gets.
10. WHO NOT TO RATE: If you really like your reader and think he or she is accurate, do NOT rate him or her--other readers will see it and try to get your information. Also, if that reader doesn't like something in your rating, he or she will block you.
Of course, there are going to be people that will respond and try to trick readers of this information by contradicting or stating the information provided is false--believe me, from experience, I know of what I speak AND, if people are going to use the LP site, you need to print out the list I have provided and keep it handy; it will help save you a lot of money on that site.