Complaint Review: Livecareer

• Updated: Sun, June 09, 2013

• Reported By: Anonymous T — Minneapolis Minnesota
Livecareer
Internet USA

Livecareer Billed me $37.90 after I signed up for a $1.95 service and wouldn't refund in full Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Livecareer Response

I was happy to pay the $1.95 fee to use their resume builder.  I did not agree to the extra $1.00 fee charged on 5-22 or the $34.95 fee that they charged me for a monthly subscription on 6-5 (2 weeks later).  I complained via their on line chat on June 9 (still ess than a month from the time I "signed up" and they offered to credit me $32.89, saying it was a "prorated".  They told me that I was only receiving this because I had not used the service during the billing month.  I specifically asked to be credited in full and they said no.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/09/2013 07:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Livecareer/internet/Livecareer-Billed-me-3790-after-I-signed-up-for-a-195-service-and-wouldnt-refund-in-1057778. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Livecareer

Livecareer Response

AUTHOR: Zei - ()

Dear Anonymous,

We thank you for utilizing our services, but just to clarify the $ 1.95 is for the Resume Builder, the $ 1.00 is for the cover letter, It is a bundle package for $ 2.95 14 full access that you sign up for when you started subscribing to our service. It is a split charge, because you receiving two separated products. The $ 34.95 is a monthly subscription, it was charged on your account because you were not able call in, chat or email to cancel it within the 14 day period, that's why it rolled over to a monthly service.

We have it in print when you subscribe and we even e-mail you those details when we send your payment confirmation.  The refund that was processed on your account was only issued as a onetime courtesy credit as a consideration. We make every effort to let our subscribers know of this auto-renewing feature.  We also provide all the information on when and how to cancel an account-- By e-mail, live chat or by telephone.  We even provide a self-cancellation feature on our website.

If you have any questions, our customer service team is available 18 hours a day, 7 days a week from 6am- Midnight EST at toll free 1-888-816-0576 or through live chat on our site. If you prefer you can send us an email to: customerservice@livecareer.com

Best Regards,