Complaint Review: Liveperson: D.J. Ownbey

• Updated: Wed, November 30, 2011

• Reported By:Washington District of Columbia
Liveperson: D.J. Ownbey
www.liveperson.com/d-j-ownbey Internet U.S.A.

Liveperson / liveperson.com / d-j-ownbey Surprised? Liveperson D.J. Ownbey is a lousy psychic... Internet

*Consumer Comment: about DJ

*Consumer Comment: My own experience

*Consumer Comment: OMG DJ Is amazing!

*Consumer Comment: Comical

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: D.J Ownbey

*Consumer Comment: hmmm it has been several months since I asked you to provide some "evidence" that you were a cleint, still nothing...

*Consumer Comment: Your complaint makes no sense!

*Consumer Comment: You are stating that you are a liar? Yet you want us to believe you now?

D.J. Ownbey appears to be one of the most sought-after psychics on Liveperson. However, he's not a psychic, and if he is, a very lousy one. I contacted him using three different user names. Once I pretended that I was in love with a married man. Ownbey said that my man does not love his wife anymore and will leave her in one year! He couldn't even tell that my story was not true.

In all three times, he used the following lines (or their variants):

1. "what i am getting is that you are thinking allot about a particular person"
2. "i do believe though that a higher power brought you and he together"
3. "seems like there is strong connection" or "you've never felt a connection this strong before".

Yes, D.J. I was feeling an unusually strong connection with a married man who does not exist, and was brought to me by a higher power. What a wonderful story, except that it's completely fake.

Don't call him. Save your money.

Strictly...
Washington, District of Columbia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/25/2009 01:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Liveperson-DJ-Ownbey/internet/Liveperson-livepersoncom-d-j-ownbey-Surprised-Liveperson-DJ-Ownbey-is-a-lousy-psy-446492. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Liveperson: D.J. Ownbey

about DJ

AUTHOR: Derek - (United States of America)

I have been coming to DJ for a long time and I have to say some of the stuff he has told me only I and one other person would know. He is one of the best if you do believe in psychics.  Also for someone to have over 7000 positive reviews and that isnt counting for his regular clients how ever many of those are you saying all of them are lieing?  The really odd part here is why would you try to deceive someone then put a fraud report? it doesnt make sense. If you do not post your live person name and rating how does anyone know you even called?

My own experience

AUTHOR: Peanut - (Hong Kong)

i talked with DJ 2 weeks ago

here is my experience:

1. he didnt say anything like 1. it feels to me like you are thinking allot about a particular person 2.feels like there is a strong connection 3. this is divine will you and he..

2. what he did tell me is: 1. there is very high level soulmate connection and he is very optimistic about me & this other party to have a long term relationship (& something i have to change or to do or not to do he advised me later)

3. he didnt ask me any question except my name and dob

4. he literally told me i have my own business

5. he gave advice of how to get to there (relationshipwise & businesswise)

so i dont agree with the one who posted this report. From my own point of view, DJ is not a lousy psychic.

i do agree that there is a chance he didnt post those no-pay rating. if you talked to him over LP, then that is LP's policy. If you used his own website then yes, he can manage which to be post and which not being post; he is the website owner for sure he has the right to do this.

Yes, you can assume all non-pay rating are 1 star or even no star, but for those who had post; they are pretty much 5 stars & very positive comments. No matter in LP or in his own website, for this i dont think he can dictate.

my 2 cents, nothing more, nothing less.

thks.

OMG DJ Is amazing!

AUTHOR: Rose - (USA)

I came to DJ Ownbey many years ago--nothing to do with love!

I had a serious legal problem involving the law firm that I am a partner.  I have known his family for many years (I have handled their commercial real estate transfers in New York and Florida for many years).

I didn't say a word and he did not know me nor was the problem I was faced with public knowledge.  Immediately he said does the name "Sasha" mean anything to you? OMG that was the ladies name that was trying to extort our firm! He said I am getting like an Eastern Eurpean last name for her I think it starts with a "G" and it is very unusual. She is asking for a large sum of money.  Really bad energy I am getting from her.

He was completely right on. We hired him to help us make this woman go away. I am not going to say what happen to her (as it will give away my identity), but she got what she deserved.

Although he is very kind DJ is also very blunt person, has a strong personality and he doesn't put up with peoples poor behavior. If he doesnt like something he is going to tell you exact what he thinks.  I can see that this would make many people want to get "revenge."

I do not believe the above review simply because when you come to DJ directly you do not get the option of leaving a review.  If you go to him through live person he doesn't have the power to refund anyone's money as he works for them!

I have sent many people to him over the years and several were told  "I am sorry I cant tune into your energy" here is your money back.

Later when I asked DJ why he did that? He said,"  oh I didn't like her energy she is not a good person, if I don't like someone I cant help them, so this is what I say."

One time though, DJ did this (sorry can't tune into your energy) to a co-worker of mine and he called me up and said I didn't have the heart to tell her what I saw "The spirit showed me she is going to have an awful accident, I don't think it can be prevented, its to late. I dont want to put the negative out there but I had a very strong vision.  Please don't tell her. I am going to try to focus spiritually to protect her "

She was killed three days later.

The poster that said he always says the same thing this is not true! He is a love psychic, so I am sure he gets many that come to him with similar situations.  If you type "love psychic" into Google he is on the first page for the whole world!  So to think that he is telling everyone the same thing is ridiculous!

Although, DJ is incredibly humble (some say cheap lol), He owns interest in real estate, restaurants chains, pet stores, and real estate. He doesn't need the money, he does this because he loves what he does.

I think the best way to know the truth...go to him yourself and you will see why his competitors hate him :-)

Sincerely,

Rose

Comical

AUTHOR: King - (United States of America)

My wife is a frequent customer of psychics-- she knows the 'in's and out's and what to expect, and has had both great and poor experiences. She recently told me about a call to DJ after finding glowing reviews and when I typed in his name followed by 'Scam' this came up. Well, after reading the first complaint to her, she laughed hysterically and said it was the exact same thing for her. He kept asking generic questions hoping for leads... of which she would not provide, knowing that it's the first sign of a bad psychic. Well, after less than three minutes of all questions and no answers, he sensed her regret enough, then said 'he wasn't feeling her energy' and offered her a refund which she gladly took.

With that experience, there's no way he could have had over 7000 5-star reviews with no negatives, right? Wrong, because if you read the fine print on the site next to the *, you'll see that only reviews from 'paying' customers get to add reviews, and not all the people he refunds for 'not feeling them'. Get it? If he thinks anyone he's dealing with might not buy his snake oil, he refunds them within the three-minute grace period and that is how he maintains 'a perfect record'.

Look, if he's helped a few people out there, great. Keep sending your money for his insight and blessings, but do not discount negative reviews as 'slander' and 'jealousy' if you were not on the other end of the phone.  You have no idea what the experience of others are, as they don't have of yours. That's the purpose of this site. To get an aggregate of experiences and to put it mildly, my wife's was less than great.

#5 REBUTTAL Owner of company

D.J Ownbey

AUTHOR: jasminex - (United States of America)

Hi.

I have also consulted DJ Ownbey and i found him to be a kind an lovely man that i want to believe. As the predictions are still yet to come i can not yet comment on his psychic ability as of yet. But i can say that the person who wrote the original report has seen him because DJ Ownbey said pretty much the same things to me and this is kind of frightening.

In likeness to the original report he said the following to me.

1. it feels to me like you are thinking allot about a particular person

2.feels like there is a strong connection

3. this is divine will you and he

Will be back to comment though on the predictions anyway.

AUTHOR: helena A - (United States of America)

I must assume as I suspected you are a "liar"

Sad that people would try to wrongly tarnish the names of others,

Helena

Your complaint makes no sense!

AUTHOR: Ima Believer - (Canada)

It sounds as though all you wanted to do was hurt this man's reputation - so you intentionally deceived him in order to accomplish this act.  Why would you choose to spend time hurting others, fooling and lying to them, and then reporting them as "fake" or "phony"?  Obviously, you have deeper issues and need some help.  Your time should be spent on doing things for good - not to harm others.

Why would anyone go to a psychic, pay money to that psychic, just to lie to them in order to purposely trip them up???  This behavior makes absolutely NO sense at all, and your claims against him become invalid due to your lies.  If you lie to him, you are only going to get answers that make no sense.  Your intentions were bad - - and the universe gave you what you deserved!  Nice try, but you get what you give.  Karma is a B**ch, and clearly - So Are You!

You are stating that you are a liar? Yet you want us to believe you now?

AUTHOR: helena A - (United States of America)

I have been coming to D.J. Ownbey for years....every single thing he has told me has come out---I met him when he owned his store (Angel Touch Gallery in North Royalton, OH).  This man has been amazing---my husband and I owe so much to him, his spirtual insights, all the things he has taught us...  I can't believe that someone would write something so awful about such a kind, enlightened, and talented soul like DJ--that has helped so many of my friends and collegues!

I looked for the whole year into DJ's ratings and I do not see any rating for you? If you were unhappy and you are really a customer of his why did you not leave a rating?  What is your session ID #?  What date did you contact him?  Details????

Why do I get the feeling that you are the "lousy psychic" that is jealous of him?

Sincerely,