Complaint Review: Living Arts College

• Updated: Thu, February 21, 2013

• Reported By: Katie — Tuscaloosa Alabama United States of America
Living Arts College
3000 Wakefield Crossing Dr Raleigh, North Carolina United States of America

Living Arts College School of Communication Arts, Digital Circus Rip off, lied about credit transferring and school accreditation Raleigh, North Carolina

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Truthful rebuttal

They will tell you anything to get you to enroll. They told BOTH my mother and myself that my credits earned here would transfer to a four year University, which was the ONLY reason I went to the school at all. Only later did I find out that not even a community college will accept their credits, much less a credible 4 year University (inside or outside of the state, NO ONE will take your credits). I ABSOLUTELY WASTED 40,000 dollars attending this school.  I would have NEVER attended if I was told the truth about my credit hours not being accredited and not being able to transfer.
The classes were absolutely useless and the staff turnover rate is awful! I am FURIOUS that I was straight up LIED to about my credits and education. The same company/owner has done this before...

Also, here's a blog entry

I'm sure if someone tried to investigate their tactics on how they attempt to get ANYONE to enroll for a absolutely USELESS piece of paper and how they lie about their accreditation and credits someone could probably build a good case. You will not get a job by "graduating" from here, you will get lots of debt and nothing for it. Absolutely fraudulent.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/21/2013 03:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Living-Arts-College/Raleigh-North-Carolina-/Living-Arts-College-School-of-Communication-Arts-Digital-Circus-Rip-off-lied-about-credi-1018190. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Living Arts College

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Truthful rebuttal

AUTHOR: Living Arts College - ()

Living Arts College would like to thank you for taking the time to post a review of our College. Our College is accredited through the Accrediting Council for Independent Colleges and Schools (ACICS), a nationally recognized accrediting agency.

The College adheres to a standard enrollment process where all consumer information about the College is shared with the prospective student in an ethical and lawful manner. Living Arts College in no way controls which of its credits do or do not transfer to any other institutions. All baccalaureate degrees at Living Arts College are approved through the University of North Carolina Board of Governors, and all programs offered at our institution are accredited through ACICS. We are sorry that you found your experience frustrating.

Student success and in-field job placement is the mission of the College and is therefore at the center of what drives most of our administrative decision-making. Performance data on these goals can be found at our website. We are happy to answer any questions and/or clear up any misconceptions regarding Living Arts College.