• Report: #620936

• Submitted: Wed, July 07, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, September 17, 2010

• Reported By: KaTzMeow87 — Clearwater Florida United States of America
Living Christian
5300 Ontario Mills Pkwy #400 Ontario, California 91764 Internet United States of America

Living Christian Where should I begin? These people completely ripped me off I tried to get a refun and they would only reimburse me 50% of what they had charged me. Internet

*Consumer Comment: CHRISTIAN DOES NOT MEAN ANYMORE WHAT IT USED TO DO

*Consumer Suggestion: Practice what you preach

*General Comment: An awful lot of scamsters hide behind God

*Consumer Suggestion: Internet basics

Well, at the time I was looking for a way to do some Bible Studies since I had college classes on the nights we had prayer and Bible Study classes so I was browsing through the internet hoping there were any free Bible study courses. I found on It was Living Christian it said free all over it and then when it was asking you to sign up no where around it does there say a price. Well, anyway I signed up for it I'll admit I should have called them sooner than when the trial was over. I called today cause I was overdraft $112.95, $35 dollars was the overdraft fee and than the rest was because of Living Christian. I didn't know when they were going to charge the account. and I didn't know they were going to charge the account until I got the package.
Well, I ended up calling about it I did get upset and tried to get a refund back but, they told me they couldn't at first so I started getting angry and and I started crying cause I don't have the money to pay my own bank back yet. I am unemployed and I didn't expect it to be that much.  Anyway, so they told me to hold on they they were only able to reimburse me 50%  back I told them that the Software was still wrapped and I would find a way to pay for the shipping and they could have their merchandise back and they said they wouldn't be able to accept it. Didn't give a reason why. So, all i get back is 50% back and I don't even know when they are going to credit my account. I was so upset I didn't even ask I will find out though if they don't I will call them back and ask where it is. Next time, I will defintely look at the terms and conditions before I even give any of my information out

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/07/2010 07:35 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Living-Christian/internet/Living-Christian-Where-should-I-begin-These-people-completely-ripped-me-off-I-tried-to-g-620936. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Living Christian

CHRISTIAN DOES NOT MEAN ANYMORE WHAT IT USED TO DO

AUTHOR: Joe - (U.S.A.)

NEVER PUT YOUR CREDIT CARD OR BANK ACCOUNT ONLINE AND DO NO GIVE IT OUT TO ANONYMOUS PEOPLE ON THE PHONE ---ESPECIALLY THOSE WHO CLAIM TO BE CHRISTIANS.

YOU MIGHT GET SOME CULT FREAKS WHO WANT TO FINANCE SOME TERRORIST ACT OR YOU MIGHT GET NIGERIANS WHO WANT TO STEAL YOUR MONEY OR SOME FAITH HEALING NONSENSE BABBLING NUT CASE WHO WAVES A BIBLE AROUND.

YOU CAN'T FIND AN ENGLISH LANGUAGE COPY OF THE TORAH ONLINE TO START WITH IF YOU DON'T HAVE A PAPER COPY? GREAT PLACE TO START. IT IS SELF-EXPLANATORY IF YOU READ IT.

THEN YOU CAN PROGRESS TO AN ENGLISH LANGUAGE COPY OF THE TANACHK WHICH IS THE BIBLE UP TO THE NEW TESTAMENT.

IT IS ALL VERY SIMPLE AND YOU CAN NOT UNDERSTAND THE NEW TESTAMENT WITHOUT READING THE OLD TESTAMENT -- MY PEOPLE'S BIBLE.

IT IS WELL AND GOOD TO WANT TO KNOW THE BIBLE B UT SEE WHAT YOU CAN GET FREE OR AT A REDUCED OF AFFORDABLE PRICE.

YOU CAN COMPLAIN TO THE US POSTAL INSPECTORS IF THAT FRAUD WAS CONDUCTED THROUGH THE US MAIL.

#2 Consumer Suggestion

Practice what you preach

AUTHOR: W. - (U.S.A.)

Let's see, so you KNEW you where going to be charged (whether you admit it to us or not) but didn't look a bit harder to find out how much, or even call. You are receiving unemployment which means that the ONLY money you get is from the gov't and the ONLY thing that money is for is living expenses and NOT some internet crap. You overdrew because you guessed and hoped that the amount they charged you wouldn't be the that much and not only was it not that much, but it caused you to overdraft (probably because you are spending your unemployment on other non-living expenses/internet crap). Finally, they will not take back the software, nor does ANY software manufacturer since you could just copy the CDs/disks, write down the valid serial number, and return it and get the program for free. I'm surprised they offered you ANY money back, let along 50%, and they probably only did that to get you off their backs. And from what you wrote you knew this was some kind of trial that once it ended you would be charged and that you admit you "should have called them sooner than when the trial was over".

While true that scamming is bad and in the name of a god is probably worse, this doesn't sound like a ripoff but basically what you admitted to in the end; that you will look at terms and conditions thoroughly before doing anything else, and that is exactly what you should do. Be glad that it was only for $112.95 + $35.00, or even half of that, and not a hell of a lot more. Listen to that little voice in the back of your head when it tells you something is a bad idea and you'll be fine, don't hope for the best, plan for the worst instead. Besides, that is your god anyway, your own conscience, don't listen to someone else trying to tell you what to beleive or some 2000 year old fairy tale giving you stories. Good luck.

#3 General Comment

An awful lot of scamsters hide behind God

AUTHOR: Jim - (U.S.A.)

Reverend Ike, the westboro baptist church etc.

Ive gotten to the stage where anybody starts preaching without being asked he's probably after your Tax-free cash.

I had a "Church Group" (Annonymous as hell) come to my wheelchair bound Mother-in-laws house "To Pray with her" and cleaned out her house while they were doing it, they asked One by One to use the bathroom, and while the others kept her occupied they got all her Jewelry, anything Valuable and even her Waffle  Iron.

When my grandmother died while we were at the funeral Her home was cleaned out, they even stole the Well Pump(Cut the pipes)

Don't trust the GODLY THIEVES.

#4 Consumer Suggestion

Internet basics

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (USA)

"It was Living Christian it said free all over it and then when it was asking you to sign up no where around it does there say a price. "

If you are asked for your credit/debit card details, you will be paying for something.  There is no other reason a site would need that information.   That is your clue to start looking for terms/conditions/prices before handing over your account details.

Good luck with the refund.