Complaint Review: Living Lean, Wu-Yi Tea Source

• Updated: Mon, June 09, 2008

• Reported By:Boone Iowa
Living Lean, Wu-Yi Tea Source
WU-YISOURCE.COM Internet U.S.A.

Living Lean, Wu-Yi Tea Source, The Wu-Yi Tea company does not explain that when you order their "free sample" of tea, which of course you must pay a small shipping fee to receive, that you are also signing up for on-line weight loss counseling at the cost of $19.95 per month! This was automatically billed to my credit card, without me knowing it!!! Internet

The Wu-Yi Tea Source will cost you way more than you could ever imagine when you order their "free sample" of tea! In both time and money! First, they ask you to pay a "small shipping fee" of about $5.00 to get their "free sample", which seems okay at first. Then, after you provide a credit card number to pay the "small shipping fee", you get your free shipment of 1 box of tea. Great, if that were all there was to it. The tea is nothing special, not bad, not great. But, I thought "oh, I'm only out $5.00 so I just won't order it again."

Unfortunately, the next thing you know I received a box in the mail that had way more tea in it than most people would drink in a year, let alone a month! Well, my credit card was charged $29.95 for four boxes of tea. Plain old tea! So I went back and read the fine print and found out it was my own fault for not realizing that I had to "cancel my membership" in the "tea club". So, I thought, I'll pay for this one shipment and cancel my membership. Which I did immediately!

However, even after I called the company and canceled my "automatic shipments", I later found a charge for $19.95 on my credit card bill that made no sense. What is, "Living Lean" I asked, and why did they bill me $19.95 when I've never heard of this company??? Well, after some investigating I come across the Ripoff Report web site and find that I'm not the only one paying for "on-line weight loss counseling" that I did not know I was signed up for! Apparently, ordering free tea automatically enrolled me in "Living Lean" an on-line weight loss program that costs users $19.95 a month. As If! I may want to lose weight, but it's not going to be because I can't afford to buy groceries!

I'm taking the steps to get this stopped, but I think I'm still going to be out about $49.90 for a bunch of tea I'll probably never finish drinking!!! Buyer Beware, there is no such thing as a "free sample" of anything. I should have been smarter than that, and I hope to raise enough fluff that I get at least the $19.95 back from Living Lean. But I'm not holding my breath waiting for that to happen.

LeAnn
Boone, Iowa

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/09/2008 06:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Living-Lean-Wu-Yi-Tea-Source/internet/Living-Lean-Wu-Yi-Tea-Source-The-Wu-Yi-Tea-company-does-not-explain-that-when-you-order-338360. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Living Lean, Wu-Yi Tea Source