Complaint Review: Living Scriptures

• Reported By: Sheri — Fayetteville North Carolina United States of America
Living Scriptures
3625 Harrison Blvd Ogden, Utah United States of America

Living Scriptures DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THIS COMPANY Ogden, Utah

Seven years ago, a representative of Living Scriptures came to our door and solicited us for the company.  I had small children at the time and thought it would be a good idea.  I even asked them if later on when the children grew out of the dvd's, could we cancel our subscription.  I was told that of course, "you can cancel at any time".  Little did I know that I was actually signing a contract of obligated servitude.  Sure you can cancel....as long as you pay the remaining balance.

I don't want the product anymore.  I haven't for years.  My children are too old for their cartoony representation of the Gospel.  And frankly, some of it is doctrinely incorrect.

I am a slave to a company that I have to pay no matter what...or they take me to court...and still receive product that I no longer want.  And I thought this country outlawed slavery a long time ago.

I am appalled at the business practices of this company that purports upholding and practicing Christian values.  They send college students that purposefully neglect to tell you the actual truth when you sign your name to your "subscription"...and that is what the reps call it-a subscription.  NOT a contract.  And they mislead you into thinking that you can end your subscription at any time and not have to continue to pay for crap you don't want anymore.  Shame on them.

So be smart and DO NOT EVER get living scriptures....and don't you dare sign anything

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/02/2012 10:16 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Living-Scriptures/Ogden-Utah-84403/Living-Scriptures-DO-NOT-PURCHASE-ANYTHING-FROM-THIS-COMPANY-Ogden-Utah-877099. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Living Scriptures