Complaint Review: Living Scriptures

• Updated: Thu, October 18, 2012

• Reported By: VBscamvictim — Virginia Beach Virginia United States of America
Living Scriptures
3625 Harrison Blvd Ogden, Utah United States of America

Living Scriptures Misrepresented what I was purchasing and my ability to cancel and return items Ogden, Utah

A representative of Living Scriptures came to my door in July 2012. He presented himself as a return Missionary trying to make money for college and asked to introduce our family to the Living Scripture Products.  He was charming, friendly, played with the children and told me about the free gifts and that I could cancel at any time if I just tried the product.  He never told me I was signing away my life.  I received a box and and invoice of over $2000 dollars.  I immediately called the company to cancel and return the product and was told my two weeks were over.  I was told I would have two weeks to return and cancel.  I was not told it was two weeks from the time he gave my son his "gift" for answering gospel questions.

I tried to call the company to resolve this and was told I had signed a contract and was obligated to pay no matter what.  I am legally bound to it.  I am so upset I have not even opened the box.  I will be paying the $30 a month to keep from ruining my credit.  This company uses fraudulent sales techniques and trades on the name of the LDS church.  It is not owned or operated by the church but the salesman gain entrance to your home by presenting themselves as "return missionaries".

This young man spent the afternoon at our home, ate dinner with our family and lied to me all at the same time.  Do not trust this company.  They will take you for all they can get.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/18/2012 01:46 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Living-Scriptures/Ogden-Utah-84403/Living-Scriptures-Misrepresented-what-I-was-purchasing-and-my-ability-to-cancel-and-retur-956814. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Living Scriptures