Complaint Review: Living Scriptures

• Updated: Fri, August 01, 2014

• Reported By: Amanda R — Orem Utah
Living Scriptures
3625 Harrison Blvd Ogden, Utah USA

Living Scriptures Salesmen are LIARS. They say you can keep a pile of "free" stuff and cancel anytime, but the cancellation period is THREE days, and then you are stuck with a $2000 bill. DO NOT EVER TALK TO THEM!!! Ogden Utah

A Living Scriptures salesman suckered in my husband at Comic Con.  Salesman kept piling on "free" items and said he could keep them if he canceled "next week."  Salesman knowingly took canceled credit card.  My husband mistakenly thought they wouldn't be able to charge him.

Husband called to cancel 10 days later, and was told he was supposed to cancel in THREE days.  We sent all of their stuff back unopened, and they say we still have to pay $387 to get out of the contract.  We never once accepted any of their shipments or made a payment to them.  This is a LYING, FRAUDULENT BUSINESS!!!

I have complained with the Better Business Bureau, and they are still refusing to let us cancel unless we pay them nearly $400.  They have all of their merchandise back.  How is this legal???  I will tell everyone I know to never, ever speak to them or do business with them.  They are a huge SCAM.

My husband thought they would be honest, since they are selling LDS products.  They are not!!  They are ridiculously manipulative and dishonest.  I don't know how they can live with themselves.  What a horrible way to do business.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/01/2014 03:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Living-Scriptures/Ogden-Utah-84403/Living-Scriptures-Salesmen-are-LIARS-They-say-you-can-keep-a-pile-of-free-stuff-and-c-1166761. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Living Scriptures