Complaint Review: Llumina Press

• Submitted: Fri, July 30, 2010
  • Updated: Fri, August 06, 2010

• Reported By: Freelance Editor — Pompano Beach Florida United States of America
Llumina Press

Llumina Press Aeon Press, Media Creations Editors Beware: Llumina Press does not pay , Internet

*Consumer Comment: Just sayin'

*Author of original report: After what? 90 days? 120 days?

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Llumina Always Pays Editors

I have done five freelance editing assignments for this company for which I have not been paid. The agreement is that they pay within thirty days.  I submitted editing work to them over ninety days ago and have received nothing.  When I have attempted to pressure them to pay, they threatened to slander me.

I know of  other editors who have not been paid by Llumina.  So be warned!  Thety advertise on craigslist for freelance editors and graphic designers.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2010 12:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Llumina-Press/internet/Llumina-Press-Aeon-Press-Media-Creations-Editors-Beware-Llumina-Press-does-not-pay-In-627697. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Llumina Press

Just sayin'

AUTHOR: thewarpig - (United States of America)

Why would you need an experienced editor to check "every" contracted editor's work? It seems to me that an experienced editor could just do the edit in the first place and then you don't need to contract anyone.

Looks like a duck, smells like a duck.. it's a duck.

After what? 90 days? 120 days?

AUTHOR: Editors Beware - (United States of America)

Nice try, but I've done multiple edits and not one of them was returned for any problem with quality.

The deal is you get paid after 30 days.  Not 90 or 120.  Maybe they intend to pay eventually. I don't know.  But I'll guarantee they don't pay anywhere near on time.  I'll have to keep you posted as to whether I ever receive payment, but so far, nothing.

Most freelance editors simply can't afford to wait many months without pay. My advice stands.  Unless you can wait for many months to get paid (and I have my doubts about getting it even then)  you are probably better off finding work elsewhere.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Llumina Always Pays Editors

AUTHOR: Deborah - (United States of America)

Actually, Llumina always pays its editors.  However, once in while, we get people claiming to be editors, who frankly couldn't edit their way out of a paper bag.  Though they pass our test (probably with help), when they actually do a job, they are unable to live up to our expectations. When that happens, we ask them to do it over.  If they still are unable to fix their work, we are then forced to send the manuscript to another editor, one who CAN do the job.

If you are an editor and you want to work for Llumina, you will get paid.  However, be aware that we have an experienced editor check every manuscript, and if your work is poor, it will not get through.  Editing is a skill as well as an art.  However, we look at the skill part, the grammar.  If you didn't get straight A's in grammar, you probably can't edit our manuscripts.  We only use the best.

I don't know who this editor is, but no one does five jobs for us unless they do it well, and they do get paid.  So either this person is not an editor, or she's mistaken about the number of jobs she's done for Llumina.

readily