institution

• Updated: Thu, March 20, 2014

• Reported By: Concerned Consumer — Los Angeles California
Loadedbases DBA T & C Sportsworld
Staten Island, New York USA

Loadedbases DBA T & C Sportsworld Loadedbases.com Held my money for 6 days and NO REFUND (until I called) Staten Island New York

Ordered an item online on their store website and paid for item via PAYPAL.

Did not hear anything from store or receive the order, so called them. Spoke to a Thomas, he said item is not in stock (because it's not made anymore) so they cancelled the order. Asked to speak with the store owner or manager.

Coincidentally, he said his name is Thomas too, so I asked for his last name and he said Thomas Michael (after further research on this company his last name is actually Verrengia via company profile page). Needed to repeat my situation again to the owner.  He said he couldn't do anything about it and they refunded my money 24 hours after they realized the item not in stock. I said it's on your website, how could you sell something that's not in stock (false advertising)? He said they're too busy to check everything and after about 10 minutes of letting him know my money was not refunded in PayPal and I still want the item, he hung up on me.

I called back, spoke to him again then he hung up on me....again.

I called back, identified myself and he hung up on me....again.

I called back, spoke to another Thomas who told me the owner, Thomas, was on a very important phone call and could I call back.  I said I didn't want to call back because he's hung up on me twice and I'd rather be placed on hold.....and 14 minutes later and no dialogue with the owner, call was released by the company.

I checked my PAYPAL account, and coincidentally, my monies was refunded the same day I called....so for 6 days Loadedbases.com DBA T & C SportsWorld held on to my money.  I did not receive a notification via email (which owner said he's not responsible to let me know) or a courtesy call.  I'm concerned if they would've kept my money ON HOLD if I didn't call.  Thankfully, I used PAYPAL and can't imagine if I provided my CC info they would've used my card for other purposes.  Sure made me wonder?

Out of curiosity, I ordered and paid for the same item on their site (yes, the same day I spoke to these business persons) and yes, it was still listed on their site as available.  I will update this report again with another report.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/20/2014 12:00 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Loadedbases-DBA-T-C-Sportsworld/Staten-Island-New-York-10314-6707/Loadedbases-DBA-T-C-Sportsworld-Loadedbasescom-Held-my-money-for-6-days-and-NO-REFUND-1132189. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Loadedbases DBA T & C Sportsworld