Complaint Review: Loan Depot

• Updated: Sun, March 03, 2013

• Reported By: Mac Maynard — Coarsegold, California United States of America
Loan Depot
26642 Towne Centre Drive, Foothill Ranch, California United States of America

Loan Depot Patrick S Kerin Charged my credit card without authority to do so, Foothill Ranch, California

I was looking for home re-finance, and they wanted my credit card to do the appraisal, but their appraiser insisted on coming out to do the appraisal right away while he had another one he could do at the same time, I wasn't ready and knew he would be mad and could only show how mad by reducing my appraisal, so I canceled it, So then Patrick Herin sent me an email saying the appraisal fee was being charged as a "Lock in Fee"! I never agreed to any lock in fee, and my loan was never locked in because I was still looking at a cheaper loan! They did this to try to force me into using them! So rather than accept the fact that I was not tied into or obligated to them, they called it a "Lock in fee"! I didn't feel like being forced to pay $495 for just whatever they wanted to call it, so I called them and they said OK they would not charge me anything! Then today I see they charged me anyway! Now I am going to use the small claims system and dispute the charge with my bank! Never do business with Loan Depot ever again! I suggest you don't either!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/03/2013 09:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Loan-Depot/Foothill-Ranch-California-92610/Loan-Depot-Patrick-S-Kerin-Charged-my-credit-card-without-authority-to-do-so-Foothill-Ra-1023024. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Loan Depot