Complaint Review: Loan Depot

• Submitted: Fri, August 10, 2012
  • Updated: Fri, August 10, 2012

• Reported By: Victim of Loan Depot Fraud — Chicago Illinois United States of America
Loan Depot
26642 Towne Centre Drive Foothill Ranch, California United States of America

Loan Depot Taryn Barnett Company took by $650 fee, spent hours on the phone qualifying me, then declined the loan six weeks later because of made up reasons like my length of residence (which was 8 years), Foothill Ranch California

My loan application was denied via a written letter despite a very high credit score, high appraisal and provision of all documentation asked for.  They kept the $650 appraisal fee and sent a letter with no phone call saying they couldn't reach me (which is not true - they had my email and phone and anytime they called, I called right back), and made up reasons about the denial - like length of residence.  I was a resident for 8 years in my current house, so why would this be a reason when it was asked during the applciation process and not flagged then.  They also said they couldn't verify my employement and no attempts were ever made on their behalf to verify my employment.  So after holding my loan applciation for two months, they kept my money and never provided the mortgage.  They also have denied the return of my appraisal fee.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/10/2012 08:47 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Loan-Depot/Foothill-Ranch-California-92610/Loan-Depot-Taryn-Barnett-Company-took-by-650-fee-spent-hours-on-the-phone-qualifying-m-925699. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Loan Depot