Complaint Review: Loan Max

• Reported By: poehabit — Reno Nevada United States of America
Loan Max
2800 South Virginia st. Reno, Nevada United States of America

Loan Max Illegal obtainment of contacts not listed as reference Reno, Nevada

*General Comment: Jim, You must own one of these shady, crooked title loan places.

*Consumer Comment: Where Your Concern Is...

Took out the loan and car broke down out of state. Unable to fix it or bring it back, I default on the loan. This is not the problem though.

Prior to my default, which I plan to make arrangements for, Loan Max obtained numbers of family and friends that I did not list as references and proceeded to harass them day and night.  I'm not sure if there is something I can do about this. I would think that that was illegal obtainment if they didn't come from me.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/16/2013 05:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Loan-Max/Reno-Nevada-89502/Loan-Max-Illegal-obtainment-of-contacts-not-listed-as-reference-Reno-Nevada-998091. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Loan Max

#1 General Comment

Jim, You must own one of these shady, crooked title loan places.

AUTHOR: P.P. - (United States of America)

To Poster Jim: You must own one of these shady, crooked, underhanded title loan places who are always being SUED for doing ILLEGAL SH-T! Whether the man paid his bills or not the place has to act within the guidelines set up. This is NOT the wild, wild west.

The place has NO BUSINESS to harrass the people in his life over a damn title loan. If I was him I WOULDN'T PAY THEM. So there!

Things happen to all of us. People fall on hard times. I am not sure where you've been "Jim" (Probably UNDER A ROCK WHERE YOU SHOULD RETURN) but we just came out of a FREAKING RECESSION!

I had to break a lease on my apartment due to a family emergency out of state and the apartment community charged me for the lease breakage but it was at an inflated amount which I disputed. Long story short, it ended up going to collections and the collection company started harrassing my elderly parents who lived out of state and who were used on the lease as my "EMERGENCY CONTACTS". The collection agency would call and hang up over and over and over.

My mother got AT&T to trace the calls as the agency was blocking their number and it traced back to the agency Pro-Collect in Dallas, TX. There was no way they could deny they were calling once AT&T pulled the numbers even though up until then they were trying to. (THAT WASN'T YOU NOW JIM CALLING FROM THERE WAS IT?).

I filed a formal state complaint and they stopped but not after lying like they had never called my mom WHEN MY MOTHER HAD THE PHONE RECORDS TO PROVE IT! lol!

Sir, If I was you I would send a cease and desist letter to the company to refrain from calling all of my friends and family and you may have to send one for everyone you know they have obtained the contact information for. Sounds like a desperate company for sure to do that. Wow. But I've heard of Collection agencies trying to facebook friend people just to harrass their family and friends as well. Wow. Desperate JERKS. They deserve to go out of business.

Where Your Concern Is...

AUTHOR: Jim - (USA)

You are not concerned about paying your bills on time...your only interest is their collections activities. How much of a better example of the term "DEADBEAT" is there? You want them to stop calling...very simple way...PAY YOUR BILLS!