Complaint Review: Loan Max

• Updated: Tue, January 08, 2013

• Reported By: anonymousx — Youngstown Ohio United States of America
Loan Max
3570 Belmont Ave Youngstown, Ohio United States of America

Loan Max Integrity deceptive practices/do NOT do this to yourself !! Youngstown, Ohio

*Consumer Comment: Think about it

In between moving I went there to obtain a loan since it was new in town. I was told I could get a check for my vehicle the same day and did. They also told me about the contract (at the speed of light, mind you) and had me initial here and there and sign. The lady was ever-so-sweet and it was swamped with people waiting. I was also informed that worse case scenario I could pay about $78 or so per month over a one year period to get it paid if I was unable to come in the following month to pay the lump sum off. (Over $1k).

I lost my job and when I called they refused to acknowledge saying what they told me and low and behold I could not find that fee schedule in my contract!

Long story short, I will lose my vehicle. I did make one payment of around $500 which was absorbed in fees mostly. They call continually to the tune of 6-10 calls per day! I no longer answer but now they call my references. It's quite embarrassing but I have no other choice than to lose my vehicle.

This is a warning for others. Please do not go this route!!!! They do know you are down and out to even consider this method and they do prey on the less fortunate in order to turn a quick buck! I don't know how long it will be until I lose my vehicle or what the process is but I have learned a very valuable lesson. So far it's been 2-3 mos.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/08/2013 02:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Loan-Max/Youngstown-Ohio-44505/Loan-Max-Integrity-deceptive-practicesdo-NOT-do-this-to-yourself-Youngstown-Ohio-993449. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Loan Max

Think about it

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

"I was also informed that worse case scenario I could pay about $78 or so per month over a one year period to get it paid"

$78x12=$936

How could you possibly expect to repay a loan of over $1000 for only $936?

giant