stuck

• Updated: Thu, August 16, 2012

• Reported By: Eddie — San Diego California United States of America
LoanDepot.com
26642 Foothills Ranch Los Angles, California United States of America

LoanDepot.com Rip off- denied a refinance loan for 45% of home value Los Angles, California

We picked Loan Depot for a refinance because they had the best rate. Big mistake. They immediately scheduled an appraisal and asked me to pay a $495 deposit. I was told I would get that fee back once the loan cleared. I should have been leery of them from this but my mistake . My appraisal came in and I had a ton of equity value in the house and my loan percentage was coming in at about 45% of house value. So no problem then. Nope. Loan Depot then started making excuses and demands to disqualify me.  First I didn't make enough money and had too much debt. I have a huge stock portfolio and so I sold some stock and used the proceeds to pay down debt. I was told that if I paid down a few credit cards and a car that I would get the loan. I did this and so then what happens? They still deny me the loan. Complete scam artists. All they wanted is the deposit. They didn't do any work other than look for ways to deny my loan and keep the $495 deposit. I am in the process of refinancing thru a major bank. The rate is higher but no games and complete honesty.

Look elsewhere to refinance and save yourself trouble. They are liars and scam artists.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/16/2012 02:10 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LoanDepotcom/Los-Angles-California-92610/LoanDepotcom-Rip-off-denied-a-refinance-loan-for-45-of-home-value-Los-Angles-Californ-928249. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LoanDepot.com