Complaint Review: LoanDepot.com

• Reported By: CraigW — McKinney Texas United States of America
LoanDepot.com
3355 Michelson Drive Suite 300 Internet United States of America

LoanDepot.com Incompetent and Untrustworthy Internet

Like others Loan Depot's customer service is great until it goes to underwriting.  I have a great FICO score and love DTI so I didn't think it would be a problem.  WRONG!!!  As soon as underwriting got involved they wanted things like explanation of a lien in my wife's name during a time when we lived 250 miles away in a different city and state.  Then because I live in TX and have a Home Improvement loan that is secured with a Mechanic's Lien they said they could do the loan because it was an A6 Loan.  After days of convincing them it was not they then said I had to pay it off anyway to close the loan.  When I said I didn't want to pay off the Home Improvement loan they wanted to see a copy of the note to confirm it wasn't an A6 loan.  As luck would have it my credit union could not locate a copy of the note.  So they offerred me the same deal as a loan modification if I would resign the Home Improvement Loan note.  When Loan Depot stood steadfast about requiring a copy of the not I was left with no alternative but to accept my credit union's offer.  When I asked for a refund from Loan Depot of course they wouldn't do that even thought they were the one's who refused to do the loan.  After much complaining they agreed to refund half because they had incurred some costs like $175 for a drive-by appraisal, credit report, etc.  I agreed! Its now been 2 months and no refund has been made against my credit card.  I've sent emails but about the credit due but have received no replies. I can not and would not recomend LoanDepot to anyone and I will never use them again, and neither should you!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/09/2012 03:41 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LoanDepotcom/internet/LoanDepotcom-Incompetent-and-Untrustworthy-Internet-925001. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LoanDepot.com