Complaint Review: Loanshp, Westbury

• Submitted: Tue, January 22, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, January 22, 2008

• Reported By:fort wayne Indiana
Loanshp, Westbury
www.loanshp/westbury.com Dover, Delaware U.S.A.

Loanshp, Westbury Stole $260 from my checking account twice - causing almost $1000 in bank fees, had to close account, open new ccountas Dover Delaware

This is a scam! They took $260 from my checking account twice, causing my checks to bounce and almost $1000 in bank fees. I had to open a new account and close out the old accounts. I wouldn't had found out except for Paypal notifying me my transactions were denied.

I printed out my statement for checking online and found out they stole money from account. On account statement, it was listed as: Loanshp/Westbury, with phone number (800-859-6439). I called to find out who they are because I wasn't aware of them or any transactions for that amount. They tried to say I had loan with them 2 years ago and never paid. I've been on Social Security Disability for 3 years and can't even qualify for a pay-day loan. Not to mention I didn't even live in the state I am living in now 2years ago. Not to mention I am not even at the same bank from 2 years ago.

I told them that was impossible, and that what they did is illegal, and she started yelling at me saying, "Social Security isn't even a paycheck." I told her that is why I get SS because of hurting myself, working too hard. She threatened me and yelled at me. I asked them what bank they were chartered under and in what state because I want to file a complaint with their controller. They responded, " that is proprietor information " and refused to answer my question. Then they yelled at me, threatened me, and hung the phone up on me.

I just finished going to my bank trying to get my affairs in order. WHat a shame!!!

Angela
fort wayne, Indiana

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/22/2008 06:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Loanshp-Westbury/Dover-Delaware/Loanshp-Westbury-Stole-260-from-my-checking-account-twice-causing-almost-1000-in-bank-302453. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Loanshp, Westbury