Complaint Review: Lobel Financial

• Submitted: Tue, October 26, 2004
  • Updated: Tue, October 26, 2004

• Reported By:Inglewood California
Lobel Financial
1150 N. Magnolia Avenue Anaheim, California U.S.A.

Lobel Financial Wrongful repossession of vehicle ripoff Anaheim California

My vehicle was impounded and put on a 30-day hold on 9/29/04 because my husband had taken it without my knowledge. He has no license. I made an attempt to get my car and was told I couldn't get it because CA is a common law state.

On 10/11/04 Lobel Financial repossed my car from the impound and did not contact me until after they had done so. Although my payment was due on the 26th of the month I was told that I have until the 21st of the following month to pay. I always paid my note on the 15th. I received a letter from from the tow yard notifying me that a lien would be placed on the car and that I had until 11/11/04 to retrieve my car.

Lobel sent me a letter stating that I had until 10/27/04 to get my car or they would be selling it. When I contacted Lobel to find out the total to retrieve my car on 10/26/04, I was told that they had already moved my car to the auction yard in Anaheim. They still would not release the car to me until the 30-day hold was removed. And this would not be done so until 10/29/04, which is two after before I could reposses the car.

Now they tell me that all I have to do is pay the fees and provide them with six references and then I could pick up my car. They never gave me the opportunity to pick up my car before it was even moved. Is this legal and what rights do I actually have.

Joan
Inglewood, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/26/2004 09:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lobel-Financial/Anaheim-California-92803/Lobel-Financial-Wrongful-repossession-of-vehicle-ripoff-Anaheim-California-114791. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lobel Financial