Complaint Review: Lobel Financial

• Submitted: Tue, May 08, 2007
  • Updated: Tue, May 08, 2007

• Reported By:Fortuna California
Lobel Financial
lobelfinancial.com Anahiem, California U.S.A.

LOBEL FINANCIAL - MODERN DAY MAFIA LOAN SHARKS Anahiem California

We, my husband and I purchased a car at a dealership almost 2 years ago. The salesman requested we use lobel Financial as my husband had no credit history, not bad credit mind you, but NO CREDIT history. So I agreed in order to help build a good credit rating for my husband.

Since the onset of this loan, I set up an ' auto matic bill payment ' schedule with our bank. A payment was sent out on the 5th of each month and we never missed a payment. IT NEVER FAILED.... Lobel would call us every d**n month several times a day about the payment!!! Even though it had been posted to our account, the calls still came . EVERYDAY!!!

NOW , we have spent the last 6 months trying to obtain the title for our car, which we purchased the car for 6500.00 and have paid almost 3x that.

6 months ago, I called in for the payoff to the car, the rep. told me it was $303.03 , I sent in $325.00 in order to cover any fees. When I called and asked where our title was, I was told that the payment did not reach the account in time and I now owed 582.00 , I sent that in , again I called and asked where our title was and I was told that I owed an additional 603.82 ,

I refused to pay this for 2 months and contacted an attorney. He told me to go to arbitration and that should handle it . I sent the arbitration forms to Lobel , I never heard from them and the phone calls to my work, my office, my home everywhere NEVER stopped!!

Finally, I called them last month and asked what the status was and , like always, got the rudest , sassiest person on the line, she told me that we owed $663.00 , I sent in a bank check for the amount and I called last week to find out the status of my title , I was told that 1) They never recv. my payment. 2) I owe $10.27 in 'finance charges' .

I give up!!!

Would someone please help me...does'nt this fall under the R.I.C.O. Act or something. Extortion is still illegal in the U.S. , right ???

Help!!

Kym
Fortuna, California

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/08/2007 12:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Lobel-Financial/Anahiem-California/LOBEL-FINANCIAL-MODERN-DAY-MAFIA-LOAN-SHARKS-Anahiem-California-247464. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Lobel Financial