Complaint Review: Loblaws

• Reported By:Toronto Ontario
Loblaws
396 St. Clair Avenue West Toronto, Ontario Canada

Loblaws attempted ripoff rude rude rude Toronto Ontario

*Author of original report: Paula. suprised she didn't get sacked.

I went to the store located at 396 St. Clair Ave W, the Forest Hill Market, within the past 2 weeks. I had a lot of coupons for free products, and I decided to use them all. At the check-out line, the cashier was very dumb, and did not enter all of the coupons, and there was another cashier, whos name was Paula, and she was very rude, from what I remember, I think she was only a cashier, and I highly doubt she was a supervisor, but she was only making the situation go from bad to worse by thinking she was the boss. The 2 crooks tried to charge me $11.84 for everything, claiming the taxes came to $11.84, which they obviously did not, and I argued that they forgot to enter some of the coupons, and they made a fuss when I asked to speak to a manager. Finally, the assistant store manager was called, and he took over on a neighboring lane, and he was very friendly and helpful. In the end, I was only charged $1.60 for some tax, however it is the law, and I can't do anything about that.

I called customer service a few days later, and complained about the situation, and I did get a response from the customer service rep saying that they would look into it, however I was not offered any compensation.

I think they could have offered me a $20.00 gift card, as I was subjected to some really bad treatment by Paula, and my friends think that she should be demoted to scrubbing toilets.

Liam
Toronto, Ontario
Canada

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/08/2006 12:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Loblaws/Toronto-Ontario/Loblaws-attempted-ripoff-rude-rude-rude-Toronto-Ontario-185570. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Loblaws

Paula. suprised she didn't get sacked.

AUTHOR: Liam - (Canada)

She is indeed only a cashier, and NOT a supervisor.

I saw her today, and I'm very suprised she didn't get sacked.