conductor

• Submitted: Thu, September 20, 2012
  • Updated: Thu, September 20, 2012

• Reported By: CindyC — Winter Park Florida United States of America
Local Locksmiths

Local Locksmiths Quoted one price to go out, completely different price when finished with job Internet

My son locked his keys in the car, and I found Local Locksmiths online and was quoted $14.00 for a service call (as advertised), and $29.00 for Lockout Service for a vehicle. I confirmed with the man on the phone, that it would be $43.00 to unlock my son's car, and he said yes.

When my son called me back after they had left, the charge was actually $130 and he was there for no more than 5 minutes and all he did was fish the keys out (as the window was cracked and was brought through this crack) and never used any equipment to open the door or unlock the car.

When I called Local Locksmiths, I was told that was the price was based on what the technician decides to charge at the time (per job)...in otherwords it's the technician's call, and that if I had a problem with the charge to call the manager, Jake, the next day.

This place is a rip-off!!! They are deceitful, and I felt they took advantage of my teen-aged son.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/20/2012 07:32 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Local-Locksmiths/internet/Local-Locksmiths-Quoted-one-price-to-go-out-completely-different-price-when-finished-wit-943947. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Local Locksmiths