Complaint Review: LocalNet

• Reported By: Anonymous — Chesapeake Virginia United States of America
LocalNet
Williamsville, New York United States of America

LocalNet Dial-up Williamsville, New York

Localnet did not state the usage policy and cancellation policy correctly. I have never installed localnet and have never dialed up. I asked the company to cancel my services immediately. I have already been charged for 2 months that I have not used. I do not want the account on hold I want the account cancelled.

I was told that since I was already paid up through January 22, 2011 they will not cancel my services effective December 30, 2010. The intent was so they will not have to issue a refund. I called in and the representatve only gave his first name as a reference, told me that he had worked there for 2 months and refused to let me speak to a supervisor. As a customer I asked for a supervisor and I was told I would not speak to one then the representative hung up on me.

I complained through email about the poor customer service and that I had additional questions. I received a standard email response that told me to email my cancel request and to call in for questions. If I email I get a standard response and if I call I get hung up on. This is one big circle. I would not reccommend these services to anyone. Any company that will not cancel services so that they can keep your money is running a scam. I am stuck for another month of services when I have not used any services and have never even installed the software to use.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/01/2011 07:49 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/LocalNet/Williamsville-New-York-14221/LocalNet-Dial-up-Williamsville-New-York-677453. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on LocalNet