Complaint Review: Localnet Corp

• Updated: Tue, February 12, 2013

• Reported By: Billie — St. Clair Missouri United States of America
Localnet Corp
325 Hampton Hill Drive Williamsville, New York United States of America

Localnet Corp Localnet, Local net Fraudulent internet service providers Williamsville, New York

*Consumer Comment: Company Obviously Defensive

*UPDATE Employee: Obviously not true

I signed up with this yahoo company in February 2012.  I signed up in the middle of the week and payday was on Friday, so I told them I would call back on Friday to order.  They said, "No, that's o.k., we can hold your credit card till Friday."  Being the trusting person that I am, I gave them the card # and of course I was charged the same day.  Not only was I charged the same day, I was double charged.  Apparently the customer service rep forgot to mention that there was a startup charge in addition to the first month payment charge.

I called customer service about this and was lied to again with them telling me it was disclosed, so I told them I wanted to cancel service.  After getting the run all around the customer service department, I told them I was cancelling service and wanted my refund which they said they would refund me.  Never received it, so I called back.

I got the run around again.  Not one person in customer service said the same thing and every member of customer service contradicted each other.  I finally got through to a manager (unless that was also another lie).  She told me to put my cancellation in writing and mail it because they don't accept it by phone.

I did that the very next day.  Since I had been having so many problems with them from day 1, I decided to stop playing with them anymore and went to my bank to formally dispute the charges.  I received my refund back from the bank and cancelled the credit card number so they couldn't try to charge anymore to my card.  I never once received service from them.  I never used it, I never even downloaded their cd and physically signed up with them on the internet.  I cancelled on more than one occassion. Of course they never received my cancellation in writing in the mail either!

Now, they are sending me demand for payment letters and collection notices.  I have filed formal complaints with the New York state attorney general's office, the Missouri state attorney general's office (which is where I am), both New York and Missouri state Better Business Bureaus, (which they aren't members of I might add) the Federal Trade Commission, and now you here at Ripoff report.  I hope these scammers and their fraudulent business practices are stopped soon.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/10/2012 06:23 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Localnet-Corp/Williamsville-New-York-14221/Localnet-Corp-Localnet-Local-net-Fraudulent-internet-service-providers-Williamsville-New-881055. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Localnet Corp

Company Obviously Defensive

AUTHOR: Carol Anne - ()

In both RipOff reports about this company, they have responded not with an apology, but by berating and demeaning the customer.  It is obvious, from my phone calls, that this vendor is NOT forthcoming about rates, services and support.  I've only been in the computer industry for 59 years, so I'm probably too ignorant for them to understand or appeal to.

Obviously not true

AUTHOR: Useyourhead - (United States of America)

I feel like you're exaggerating seeing as how we're still in business. So obviously the BBB didn't believe your claim. You obviously gave them permission to run your card, or just misinterpreted what someone said. I swear you people don't have half a brain.