Complaint Review: Localnet

• Reported By: LarryS — Sandpoint Idaho United States of America
Localnet

Localnet Fraudulent Business Practices Sandpoint, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: People like you

When I signed up for Localnet internet services, I specifically stated that I was looking for wireless internet. The person that I spoke with on the phone said that they had wireless, so I agreed to sign up. After several hours with tech support, I was informed that I needed a cable plugged into my computer. The next day I sent an email requesting cancellation, and also reimbursement on my credit card. They cancelled my subscription all right, but did not reimburse me. I sent another email requesting reimbursement again. Neither times did I get a reply. I then went through the Better Business Bureau (BBB), but they still refused to give me a refund. I will certainly not go to court for the $24.95 that they owe me, but it is amazing to me that they won't give it back as a good business would.

I don't know if the person on the phone deliberately deceived me, or if she honestly thought she was telling the truth. The other employees of this business that I encountered, either through email or through the BBB, are certainly substandard. The reply they gave through the BBB was that they don't give refunds. This is certainly the response of a scoundrel who didn't even care that I was lied to when I signed up for the service. It is beyond belief that even if they had doubts about my claim that they wouldn't reimburse me the $24.95 to keep me from posting my complaints.

This is certainly a fraudulent company whose only interest is to get your money. There are many other complaints over the internet. Beware before you sign up with them.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/12/2011 10:53 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Localnet/internet/Localnet-Fraudulent-Business-Practices-Sandpoint-Internet-764306. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Localnet

People like you

AUTHOR: Useyourhead - (United States of America)

I am an employee of this company and people like you call in all day complaining. The service can be made wireless, it's called buying a wireless router which is probably what the person told you. You know how I know they told you? Because we'll get fired otherwise. And just because we won't refund you doesn't mean we're a scam or we're not credible. You even said yourself that Better Business Bureau wouldn't help you. If you were to have read the Service agreement and acceptable use policy, you would see in what situations a refund is given. And I'm positive it doesn't say "If you demand a refund you will get it." Also, before we process the card or checking account we clearly state "All we ask once you're online is that you go to our website, Localnet.com, and read over our service agreement and acceptable use policy." You clearly said ok, else they wouldn't have ran the card. And by you saying yes, you're agreeing to OUR terms and conditions. You could have asked what the terms our and if you do, WE ARE REQUIRED to read the WHOLE thing to you. If after reading this, you somehow think you were "scammed" then you're not a very intelligent person, are you?